No title available problem on HR-24

Darrell S

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Parts Unknown
My only Directv box is a HR-24. A good number of channels show no title in the guide. It is causing me to miss some recordings.
Is this just some Directv tech problem or is my box going bad?

This is usually caused by corrupted guide data in the receiver memory cache. ...

Try to do a double-reset on the receiver to clear out the cache and reload guide info. anew by doing a keyword search on the word "CLEARMYBOX"

If the receiver doesn't preform a double-reset for some reason that way, then just do a red-button-reset twice within 30 min. to clear the cache.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

This is usually caused by corrupted guide data in the receiver memory cache. ...

Try to do a double-reset on the receiver to clear out the cache and reload guide info. anew by doing a keyword search on the word "CLEARMYBOX"

If the receiver doesn't preform a double-reset for some reason that way, then just do a red-button-reset twice within 30 min. to clear the cache.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk
Darrell,
Keep in mind after you do this, you'll have to wait for the guide to populate entirely ... alot of it comes in right away, but it could take 24-48 hours to fully populate.

Reactions: HoTat2
Thanks for your help guys. It looks like this is going to fix the problem. My local ABC station does say title not available for the entire lineup tonight. Maybe it will fill in by tonight.
My guide is still in better shape than it was before I did the clearmybox.

Reactions: raoul5788 and Jimbo