no usb device message

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mande

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 8, 2010
WI USA
:confused:I got an iomega eGo Portable Hard Drive - 500GB / USB 3.0 / 5.0Gbps Nov 8, 2010 and have not had any troube until last night. I couldn't get any files to show and when I went to USB in the menu it shows no files. When I push record I get a no usb device message. I hooked up the old dvr1100 that won't get service because of a lightning strike but would play back files off the USB and when I hit play all my files showed but when I tried to get them again, the channel info on the left looked like it was written it chinese or something. The next try brought nothing the same as the other dvr1100. I then hooked up my iomega eGo Portable Hard Drive - 500GB / USB 3.0 / 5.0Gbps to my computer. All the files show but I get a message that Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file. Is there any way I can retrieve these files? I have about 8 weeks of recording on it. I hooked up the 15G USB External memory I got with my first receiver and it's working fine except its so small.
Thanks
mande

The drive index is corrupted. You might try a drive repair utility software on the PC.

Otherwise, backup the recordings to the PC, reformat the drive as FAT32 then transfer the files back onto the drive for viewing on the DVR1100.

Windows Media Center does not have the codecs to play the dvr recordings. Try another player that has a better selection of codecs. I use Media Player Classic Home Cinema. It is free and supports many files that WMC does not.

I don't know anything about using drive repair utlity software, so I could try reformatting it to Fat32. I formatted it the first time from the
DVR1100 but, as I stated, neither one will recognize it. Is there a way I can do it from my computer? I have Windows 7.
Thanks
Mande

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)