No video after factory reset!

animal

Original poster
Apr 23, 2004
:confused: My STB updated software tonight and I was still missing an over the air channel so I tried a "factory reset". What I ended up with is only audio, no video.

I tried a reboot --- lights flash for a bit then it just turns off. If I turn the box back on, I get the green satellite icon but no picture.

I tried unplugging box, etc with no results.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks...

card

I had the same thing happen one time and it about drove me crazy I called voom and had them hit the box and that still did not work.It was only when I
pulled out the access card and reinserted it that it began to work.What we found out is sometimes when you do a factory reset it de-authorizes the access card and when you pull it out a reinsert it somehow it re- authorizes the card.Well I hope this resolves your problem.................DIGITAL~DAN

Little red button...

I had the same exact thing happen to me. When I hit the little red button behind the access door I was able to get my video back.

The Rickster

Sometimes when you reboot, it comes back in 720p. You have to hit the red button so the top light is on to get back to 1080i.

animal said:
Thanks guys, that did the trick. :D
So, which one did it? The card or the red button?

Oops! :eek:

It was the red resolution button behind the Motorola door that solved the problem. And yes, as Compson mentioned, you have to press it a couple of more times to get to 1080i resolution. (until the top orange light blinks)

Thanks again!

animal said:
It was the red resolution button behind the Motorola door that solved the problem.
That's what I thought...
After a factory rest the box defaults to 720p which may not be supported by your TV. Switching to 1080i solves that.

Or hit the red button until all the lights turn on. This will output the source 'as-is' without upconverting. The problem is, it seems the Cinema10 channels and a few others are not being shown at 1080i, and since my TV doesn't support 720p, I can't get these channels unless I turn it on 'upconvert'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)