no video on locals suddenly...in miami

lostcause

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 22, 2004
ok, so I'm flipping around my locals and while watching channel 10, at about 10:30 the image froze..the audio was fine though...i switched channels to channel 7, it was ok, I flipped back to 10 and got a black screen and no audio. I then changed to channel 2 and watched it for about five minutes...after five minutes the exact same thing happened as channel 10. Audio was fine, but no video. I rebooted the box but same problem.

I suppose it could be a coincidence but the exact same thing on two totally different channels? One is ABC and the other is PBS.

Any ideas?

lostcause said:
ok, so I'm flipping around my locals and while watching channel 10, at about 10:30 the image froze..the audio was fine though...i switched channels to channel 7, it was ok, I flipped back to 10 and got a black screen and no audio. I then changed to channel 2 and watched it for about five minutes...after five minutes the exact same thing happened as channel 10. Audio was fine, but no video. I rebooted the box but same problem.

I suppose it could be a coincidence but the exact same thing on two totally different channels? One is ABC and the other is PBS.

Any ideas?
Wait and see, seems like something local to me.

I would think it's something local too except it's happening on different channels that are completely unrelated. 10-1(abc) and 2-1(pbs)

and here's a new one...10 came back for a little bit, then went away again, then came back....after it came back it worked ok for about 15 minutes but now I have the "no signal received on local channel 10-1. please try again later." thing showing up in the middle of the screen despite everything working like it's supposed to.

is anything going on with voom software or updates or anything like that tonight? This is starting to get annoying.

well...it seems to be ok this morning. I don't think the antenna had moved. The "no signal received" thing didn't make sense because audio and video were coming in just fine at that moment. Also, if the antenna moves, I won't get any signal at all. I was getting audio just fine, just no video.

I live in Miami and have also recently lost the video while retaining the audio on channel 2-1. Haven't had it happen on any other channels though!

rasecane1 said:
I live in Miami and have also recently lost the video while retaining the audio on channel 2-1. Haven't had it happen on any other channels though!
Try switching channels Up and Down. If this doesn't clear the problem, must be something wrong with your local broadcaster.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts