No Way DTV is Missing this Feature... Right?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chargerrich

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Kansas City
Just switched from Dish yesterday and so far am in love with the HR-24, MRV and the PQ. Menus are taking some getting used to and I am not sure who has the better recording options yet...

But someone please tell me that I am doing something wrong that is prohibiting me from pausing live TV like I did on Dish?!

And if so, how do I fix this? Currently when I press pause I get an error tone.

I cannot believe even for a second that this is not a feature of my receivers, so someone talk me off the ledge! lol :eek:

As long as you are on the DVR you can pause live tv with no issues. If you are on a standard HD box you can not pause live TV unless you start a recording on the DVR and then start watching it with the HD receiver.

I have two HR-24s and 3 HD receivers...

So you are saying that if I turn the TV on and watch whatever is on (not recording) I have NO ability to pause the TV for 1-60 minutes (like with Dish)?

Wow... I thought I did ample research but that really amazes me. I just assumed :)eek:) that was 90s Tivo tech that everyone had.

Now I am sad.... :(

On all my DVRs I can turn them on and instantly pause live TV if I wish without ny issue; never been a problem. There is no pause on a non-DVR

Not what he is saying. You can pause the HR24's. It works just fine. You cannot pause the H24's as they have no hard drive to buffer to. You cannot pause the 211, 222, either (unless you had the EHD enabled on the 211).

S~

I have two HR-24s and 3 HD receivers...

So you are saying that if I turn the TV on and watch whatever is on (not recording) I have NO ability to pause the TV for 1-60 minutes (like with Dish)?

Wow... I thought I did ample research but that really amazes me. I just assumed :)eek:) that was 90s Tivo tech that everyone had.

Now I am sad.... :(

Which receiver are you trying to pause? You can ONLY pause the 2 HR-24s you have

OK I got it. I was checking from my office which did not have one of the DVRs. My experience with Dish was that they all would pause, but that was because the 722s had the Duo feature so I could pause anywhere... of course they were also SD not HD which is a much worse issue than only being able to pause on the DVRs.

More than a fair compromise... thanks for clearing it up!

With this Whole-Home DVR service, can you at least stop what you're watching on the HD receiver and come back and play it from where you left it?

If your order via phone or if they have to re-do your order, make sure they put MRV back on. My rep didn't after having to cancel the old one and place the new one. She told me I didn't need it since I had to two DVRs. I told her that wouldn't allow me to watch stuff on the other one with out it. I could tell she felt a little stupid.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)