Node laying on ground

Patrick Smith

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2013
Valdosta, GA
I just went to go under my house and do some plumbing repairs and I found all the wires and the node laying in the dirt there isn't even a ground wire on anything! Is this safe or should the installer have attached the node to the wall or something ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1368654459.832618.jpg

Posted from my iPhone.

Even though it's functional it definitely screams poor workmanship.

Maybe DIRT will see this & pipe in.

I hope they do. After going thru the wiring in the house after finding this. I've also found where he replaced a wire in the living room by putting in a barrel in two places. I'm really not happy about this.

Posted from my iPhone.

was that bird nest of wires entirely created by the installer or was it from some previous installs?

makes me glad I was there for my install the whole time.

It's a very poor job. The sad part is the tech was really nice and seem to know what he was doing. Guess I should have followed him around.

Posted from my iPhone.

Tater0388 said:
Crawl space.

Posted from my iPhone.

If I were the tech out their, I'd change a couple fittings. Run a new line to hopper, tack the node and splitter into the wood. Cable itself doesn't really need tacked all the way there up in the wood. I'd cut that extra crap out as well if requested.

Well after this mess I want all the cable pulled. I'm going under later today to see how many splices are under there. I've found three inside so far.

Posted from my iPhone.

To the OP. Guess you want your birdsnest of wire cleaned up and new lines run free? So the new tech coming out, if contractor, will only be paid $40 for the visit. If it were me coming out, id only be giving you an estimate on what my charge would be to clean that up. Tv working fine? Then shut the crawl space door and get back on the couch with your remote!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts