Noob here and I got Some Questions about Local HD

Joseph4200

Original poster
Sep 18, 2006
Hi guys I'm new here. A friend told me about this site and said i should sign up. Anyways I'm a total noob for when i comes to satellite programming and I got some questions...

Ok I'm moving to a new house in Midland Georgia in th eMuscogee side. Its right next to Columbus GA. My new area code is 31820.

When I check for available local channels on dish network.com with my are code it states that i cannot receive any.

I talked with a CSR and he stated that I would have to get a signed waiver from all the local stations in the area in order to receive locals from bigger cities like Atlanta. I talked with a couple station engineers, one from fox and the other from ABC and they both said i live to close and that i would never get a signed waiver. This really bums me out.

Is there anyway I can get HD Locals? Do i have to use an seperate Antenna?

I dont think I could go without my Lost and the ATL. Falcons especially in HD.

I have 2 HDTV's one is a samsung 50 in DLP and its not HD ready but i did just get an Olevia LT37HVS and it states thats it has HD built in and is HD ready.

So could i use an OTA Antenna to pick up my locals on just the one Tv? Is so does dish network make an Antenna that will connect to the satellite?

Like I said before I'm a strait noob to the satellite industry and should could use all the help I can get.

go to antennaweb.org. you can enter your address and see what channels you can pick up with an over the air antenna. You can buy your own antenna, I use the channel master 4228 with the channel master 7777 pre-amp, and hook it up to the dish box. You then go to system setup, locals, add locals, and either let it scan or enter them yourself. hope this helps.

The 50" will need a Dish HD Receiver and no you do not need a waiver to pick-up local OTA HD channels. I also have the channel master 4228 and the pre-amp (the best ota antenna set-up in the business).

The 37" just needs to be hooked up to the OTA antenna. The previous website will also give you the color range (distance) from each local channel for your zip code and will give you an idea of exactly what antenna will work for you.

Good luck

I, too, am a real neophyte but, in reference to the above post, what is a person to do if no local channels are available via an ota antenna? Any help out there??

These local HD Channels you might be able to get..

Atlanta
Available 3/1/06 ABC CBS NBC Fox 129°
6365 6366 6367 6368

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)