Noob Question....

midwesttv

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 21, 2012
USA
On my tv screen via Hopper, I have a visual of a speaker (like on screen) with lines through it. A universal symbol for muted right? Anyways, I do have sound through the surround - How do I get rid of that symbol on the screen?? :confused:

THX!!

Have you tried pressing the "mute" button on the remote? Sounds like your TV is on mute and you are running the sound through a surround receiver. Is this right?

Sound from your TV speakers or audio receiver?

Edit: I see where you said surround. Sounds like the TV speakers are muted.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Got it...Thank you!

Ok --- I have now been searching for how to set my PTAT so that commercials are skipped...I went into timers, I went into defaults for PTAT and I see where you can check what stations, what days and how long to keep the recordings too...But where the heck is the change default for PTAT!??

Last edited:
I believe you get that screen when you go to play back a recording.

Ok, now I'm officially confused...Am watching a recorded PTAT show. When the commercials come on I can skip forward through each one, by pressing the skip forward button. Is that the functionality of this feature?? I think I'm missing something here...Give me a dummy license for another few days ok!?

midwesttv said:
Ok, now I'm officially confused...Am watching a recorded PTAT show. When the commercials come on I can skip forward through each one, by pressing the skip forward button. Is that the functionality of this feature?? I think I'm missing something here...Give me a dummy license for another few days ok!?

PTAT

Auto-Hop through commercials is only Prime Time recordings. It becomes available after 1:00 AM for the day before recordings. In the Prime Time folder you will see your recordings, if it has a red kangaroo then auto-hop is available for that recorded show. When you go to play that show you will be asked if you want to auto-hop or skip commercials (yes or no). If you choose yes, you do nothing the commercials are skipped automatically. If you choose no, the commercials will be played. At that time you can skip forward by manually pressing the skip forward button on the Prime Time shows or any other type recordings that you have.

PTAT

Auto-Hop through commercials is only Prime Time recordings. It becomes available after 1:00 AM for the day before recordings. In the Prime Time folder you will see your recordings, if it has a red kangaroo then auto-hop is available for that recorded show. When you go to play that show you will be asked if you want to auto-hop or skip commercials (yes or no). If you choose yes, you do nothing the commercials are skipped automatically. If you choose no, the commercials will be played. At that time you can skip forward by manually pressing the skip forward button on the Prime Time shows or any other type recordings that you have.

Thank you - got it!

Not sure wifey and I need PTAT - especially with 2 hoppers and a lot of our shows outside of network big 4...But wanted to try it and see what the hoopla was all about..System is still a bit quirky isn't it? Was unable to hear the sound from any PTAT's until I turned the tuner off and on - but it corrected itself.

When setting timers, do you guys set up folder names? If not, will like shows go into the same folder and it will have it's own icon? I'm going to try it both ways and see...We'll have a lot more timers firing-off the next few days and we'll figure it out.

You ask as many questions as you need. Just remember search and surf. All your answers are here at Sat Guys.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Thanks - This place is very helpful.

I read through some timer directions on the on-line manual I found too....I think I'm finally getting the hang of this thing...Just takes a little getting used to after owning 6/7 series DVR's for years

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)