Normal vs 3ghz Barrel Connectors?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The Dishstore sells the High Freq Barrols for I believe 50 cents each.

The Home Depot stuff should work, The only issue I see ordering from the Dishstore is that it doesn't make sense to place an order for 1 barrol connector.

I would use the Home Depot one and if your having issues with certain channels dropping then consider getting the High Frequency ones.

The Dishstore sells the High Freq Barrols for I believe 50 cents each.

The Home Depot stuff should work, The only issue I see ordering from the Dishstore is that it doesn't make sense to place an order for 1 barrol connector.

I would use the Home Depot one and if your having issues with certain channels dropping then consider getting the High Frequency ones.

I plan on buying multiple ones from DishStore because you never know when you are going to need them (like today). I need them by Friday so I had to run out to Home Depot and ended up with the normal ones. I figure when I get the 3ghz ones, I'll just swap them out.

RedWings said:
Need to install a few barrel connectors but only have the normal kind you get at Home Depot. How important is it to use the 3ghz models they recommend?

Example:
F-81 BARREL CONNECTORS: 3 GHz HIGH-FREQUENCY

It's very important if your on swm and have hd. It may work at first but the dvr sometimes runs into problems when both tuners try to pass through. Spend the money and do it. One the first things I do on my hd installs is pull the wall plate

It's very important if your on swm and have hd. It may work at first but the dvr sometimes runs into problems when both tuners try to pass through. Spend the money and do it. One the first things I do on my hd installs is pull the wall plate

I didn't even think about the wall plates. I bet every plate I have here was installed 10 years ago. Something to add to my list.

Regular barrel connectors go up to 1000 Mhz and satellite signals go up to 2150 Mhz. They were made for cable signals. Although it might work at first, it will eventually give you headaches. Just go with the 3.0 Ghz. connectors.

Ahhh poo the only difference is the amount of contact area. The normal barrel has 2 springs that push against the center conductor of the cable. The high freq uses a funel that the center conductor pushes into. Inside a house where corrosion is minimal you will probably never have a problem with them. Don't sweat them unless you have a problem with signal.

Liquidforce88 said:
Ahhh poo the only difference is the amount of contact area. The normal barrel has 2 springs that push against the center conductor of the cable. The high freq uses a funel that the center conductor pushes into. Inside a house where corrosion is minimal you will probably never have a problem with them. Don't sweat them unless you have a problem with signal.

Why wait on a problem to occur when you can easily fix it b4 it starts.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)