Norsat 8520 DRO LNB Frequency Settings

Status
Please reply by conversation.

john_robot

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
Hi! I have Norsat 8520 DRO with WNC 4x8 modded switch. This is the first time I am using multi switch. Can you pls tell me what C-Band lnb frequency I should use on my receiver? And is there any other settings that I should activate deactivate for multi switch ?

5150 for LO. 22Khz is used by a 4 input multiswitch* so no other 22khz switches allowed.
*to select which pair it's using. Then of the pair, LNB voltage selects which port.
Do you have a pair of norsats? One for H and another for V.

Reactions: john_robot
Set 5150 for lnb low. As for hooking up the switch, we need more details on your system. Basically you use a switch like that when you are using an Orthomode feed TWO lnbs, one for Horizontal, and the other for Vertical.

5150 for LO. 22Khz is used by a 4 input multiswitch* so no other 22khz switches allowed.
*to select which pair it's using. Then of the pair, LNB voltage selects which port.
Do you have a pair of norsats? One for H and another for V.

Yes I only have C- Band for now; So two Norsat 8520 DRO for V and H connected to none 22khz ports. Is this correct ? and apart from 5150 for LO do I have to select any other things?

Nope, as long as nothing else* is also in the system. Should appear and operate just like a normal LNBF. *switches n lnb's
Part to be watched for is having the V and H LNB's in the correct position.

So two Norsat 8520 DRO for V and H connected to none 22khz ports. Is this correct ?
Yes correct. Make sure if you see an option like 22khz or universal its turned off. Different receivers have different setup menus so without knowing what equipment you have ???? You could list your equipment in your profile signature to help us help you quicker.

Are you using the setup we had discussed by email? Do you need to set the DiSEqC switch ports in the receiver?

Switching.jpg

Hi Magic, Yes but first Im trying to use only two C Band LNB's to see if its working. :) Next I have to try the full setup.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)