North Carolina D* CI subscriber blacked out of 2 games tonite?!!?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

peelpub94

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 13, 2007
Why is this happening?

I have an uncle who's in North Carolina (zip code 28791)with Directv Center Ice. He is seemingly blacked out of 2 games on the CI package, EDM@OTT and VAN@STL. He gets message "channel not purchased".

While I am a Directv CI sub as well but living in New York, (zip code 11706) and I have every game available to me. No "channel not purchased" messages.

I can somewhat understand the STL game because it may be part of his local regional broadcast, even though it falls under the Versus black out window (no american feeds can broadcast games while Versus is, even different games). It shouldn't even matter though, it's only being carried on Sportsnet Pacific anyway.

This makes no sense.

Can someone please explain this?

After the free preview was over a couple of weeks ago, some receivers (including mine) were deauthorized for certain CI channels. I went to the D website and sent reauthorization hits to my receivers and all has been well.

After the free preview was over a couple of weeks ago, some receivers (including mine) were deauthorized for certain CI channels. I went to the D website and sent reauthorization hits to my receivers and all has been well.

Ah, I bet this is it. Thanks!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)