Not all shows available for transfer

scottm

Original poster
May 28, 2012
San Diego
Hi, all,

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered, but I searched and didn't find an answer.

I just installed a 2nd EHD and want to transfer all the movies from both the internal HD and the #1 EHD to the new #2 EHD.

The problem is that the Transfer window only displays about 8 rows (of the 20+ rows of shows available for playback) on the internal HD.

The scroll bar is still near the top (indicating that there are additional shows below), but the display won't scroll down any further, so I can't mark any additional shows for Transfer.

Any ideas what the problem may be?

Thanks in advance,

Scott

We just moved to our pay-as-you-go RV account from our home account and I was going to transfer unwatched TV shows to the external hard drive. None of the PTAT show were available for transfer. They didn't show up even though I had created timers for them and they showed up in My Recordings. Non PTAT show were available. I see this as a big problem.

Jim

jwill said:
We just moved to our pay-as-you-go RV account from our home account and I was going to transfer unwatched TV shows to the external hard drive. None of the PTAT show were available for transfer. They didn't show up even though I had created timers for them and they showed up in My Recordings. Non PTAT show were available. I see this as a big problem.

Jim

I recently was having problems with a Hopper and Dish was sending out a tech. In the mean time thinking the receiver was bad I started transferring shows. I noticed the same thing with ptat shows. I chatted up dish and they couldn't figure out why either. So they were going to try to replicate it in the lab to determine why and a fix for it.

Here's how it works. You can save PTAT shows to the hopper hard drive right away. In order to transfer PTAT content to an external hard drive, the PTAT file must be deleted by the system from the PTAT hard drive partition. So you can't transfer PTAT to an ehd till 8-9 days after the show is recorded.

Here's how it works. You can save PTAT shows to the hopper hard drive right away. In order to transfer PTAT content to an external hard drive, the PTAT file must be deleted by the system from the PTAT hard drive partition. So you can't transfer PTAT to an ehd till 8-9 days after the show is recorded.
Is this an extra cost feature? And is it worth it?

I understand that you can delete from PTAT and do not have to wait the 8 days.

Right, you can delete PTAT events sooner than 8 days but I'm not sure if that transfers over to moving content to an EHD. I can try to test it out when I get home. I would assume that once they are removed from the PTAT partition, regardless of the amount of days that they can then be transfered to the EHD.

But they don't disappear from the PTAT partition until after 8 days even if you have deleted them on the PTAT folder... you can still access and play them if you do a search...

There isn't a separate PTAT partition. That was changed several software releases ago. The user partition is now 1231GB, which includes space for PTAT recordings.

There isn't a separate PTAT partition. That was changed several software releases ago. The user partition is now 1231GB, which includes space for PTAT recordings.
Okay, then don't call it "PTAT partition", call it "PTAT stream", or "PTAT segment"...the principle of waiting until a program is no longer part of PTAT to be used as a regular recording is still the same.

Hey, guys, OP, here... I was hoping that someone would respond to the original issue - which is that the list of shows available for transfer is not displaying many of the shows I want to transfer. (Of the approx 20 rows of shows available for playback on the internal drive, only 8 are displayed on the Transfer screen). And to be clear - none of the shows I want to transfer are PTAT recordings. Any ideas why the total listing of shows is not available in the Transfer window?

Thanks,

Scott

scottm said:
Hey, guys, OP, here... I was hoping that someone would respond to the original issue - which is that the list of shows available for transfer is not displaying many of the shows I want to transfer. (Of the approx 20 rows of shows available for playback on the internal drive, only 8 are displayed on the Transfer screen). And to be clear - none of the shows I want to transfer are PTAT recordings. Any ideas why the total listing of shows is not available in the Transfer window?

Thanks,

Scott

Yeah not sure how your original question got lost but I have seen what you are talking about. I have found that rebooting the Hopper will restore them on the transfer menu most of the time. Once or twice I had to reboot twice. Other times I would just give up, check back a few hours later and they were there. Weird bug.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

I'm experiencing the same issue as the OP. I'm theorizing that it may have something to with the age of the recording? I recorded Unstoppable a while ago and wanted to transfer it several weeks later. Although more recently recorded movies showed up and were easily transferred to my EHD, I had the same problem the OP had when I tried to transfer Unstoppable. Tried rebooting a few times but still no go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)