not allowed to post a reply?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rukus611

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 24, 2006
rukus611, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I just got the same message when I tried to reply to the most recent post asking about capacitors (Looking for a big capacitor) in the "Satellite Guys Classified" section. Is that limitation by design?

In any event, could a moderator post this message content in a reply there?

That capacitor is usually the filter cap in a switching circuit, so an exact match is not critical. This supplier actually sells parts as "onsies" with no surcharge.

High Voltage Electrolytic Capacitors

MINIMUM ORDER
We have no minimum order value and we do not add a surcharge for small orders. We welcome all customers.

They can furnish a 47 Mfd 400 WV radial capacitor for $1.30 or a 100 Mfd 400 WV cap for $2.50.

FWIW: the failure rates of high voltage caps in switching power supply circuits, unlike those used in linear supplies, is extremely low. When I have replaced them on speculation, just because my time testing one is worth more than the time and parts cost of shotgunning them, it never fixed the supply. The switching semi-conductor and the overvoltage protector circuit are the most likely components to have failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts