Not allowed to sell owned dish equipment

babnmn

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
Arizona
When did d*Net stop allowing you to sell your old equipment. I am getting a receiver in the mail ( leased ) and taking a owned out. Here is what the email had at the bottom : Once your replacement receiver has shipped, you will receive an additional email notification that includes tracking information for your package.

Do not attempt to sell any equipment that does not need to be returned. This equipment is tied to your DISH account and cannot be transferred to another DISH customer.

This is a very good question.

I have never heard of this before. I have sold old receivers in the past and I never got any notification that it could not be sold.

When did d*Net stop allowing you to sell your old equipment. I am getting a receiver in the mail ( leased ) and taking a owned out. Here is what the email had at the bottom : Once your replacement receiver has shipped, you will receive an additional email notification that includes tracking information for your package.

Do not attempt to sell any equipment that does not need to be returned. This equipment is tied to your DISH account and cannot be transferred to another DISH customer.

Why can't they just remove from you account. It is your property to sell. Maybe someone from the Dirt Team can jump in on this question.

It could be the age of the equipment. A 301/501/508 or 510 could still be active on your account but can't be activated on new accounts.

Why can't they just remove from you account. It is your property to sell. Maybe someone from the Dirt Team can jump in on this question.

The way I'm reading this thread, OP ordered a leased receiver and the owned receiver is still active, so OP cannot remove the owned receiver until the leased receiver is installed. Once the owned receiver is off the account, it may be sold but the OP never mentioned the model and it may fall under one of those discontinued receivers. Unless the OP lets us know what receiver it is, we are only speculating which it could be. Of course it could be in error, I recall a thread here about not being able to active a Vip222 receiver (I don't recall the result of the thread, it may have been taken care of without a post as to the eventual outcome).

Here is the deal , i have ordered a 722 receiver ( leased ) to replace a 625 ( owned ). After the unit was shipped I received an email from dish stating the info above. The new receiver is still en route. The email is telling me to return my owned 625. Last time i checked the website ( about 3 days ago ) my info was correct for my receivers. I do have a dirt team member working with me on the swap. I was just asking if anyone knew if d*net was starting to acted like d*tv in regards to the equipment.

Most likely it's just a generic email. As long as the 625 is still showing as owned on the website then you have no worries.

Sent from my iPad 2 using SatelliteGuys

I think the generic email refers to leased equipment since that is most common (replacing leased with leased). You can sell your 625 so long as it is purchased and shows so in our system.

Yeah I just verified on a chat session that my two old 311's were mine to sell if I wanted to.
You can sell them but the buyer may NOT be able to activate them. I don't know if the 311 falls in that category (yet), but there are older receivers that Dish will not allow to be activated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts