Not for those with a weak heart...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yeah, it wouldn't take 3 hours to take one down if you were using an angle grinder and a sledge (for the cement).

Plus the picture shows a complete dish on the trailer, so there's hope :)

sgs

He probably BILLS 3 hours. It doesn't mean it takes him 3 actual hours to take down and remove the dish system.

If you tell a person over the phone it'll only take an hour, and you drive up and find a 12 foot fiberglass dish on a 36 foot tall pole, what now? You aren't getting that removed in an hour.

Now, if you tell him 3 hours, but it only takes 2 hours and is billed at 2 hours, he looks like a hero, and like he saved the homeowner some money. It's all perception, and a psychological trick.

Still... would be nice to get paid for removing a nice dish for relocation. I think we would all like to be heroes! :)
There is an add like that in Winnipeg kajiji as well. I know who that fellow is, he used to be a tower rigger and has a collection in his back yard. I asked him once how much he wanted for an 8' aluminum dish that looked ok... he wanted $1500. I think I insulted him by laughing... thought he was making a funny!
Was thinking of posting an add like that and offering $50 instead of charging... Would almost be worth it...

Still... would be nice to get paid for removing a nice dish for relocation. I think we would all like to be heroes! :)
There is an add like that in Winnipeg kajiji as well. I know who that fellow is, he used to be a tower rigger and has a collection in his back yard. I asked him once how much he wanted for an 8' aluminum dish that looked ok... he wanted $1500. I think I insulted him by laughing... thought he was making a funny!
Was thinking of posting an add like that and offering $50 instead of charging... Would almost be worth it...

How about getting an ad right below his like this: "DON'T pay to have your old unsightly satellite dish removed. I will do it for FREE, and clean up the area afterwards. Call: xxx-xxx-xxxx"

Buy a Tracfone or pre-paid burner phone, and use it for the ad.

If I lived up north in the city and had some spare time in the "nice weather season"...
I wouldn't mind finding another 10 footer but I am acceptably set up with dishes... but the collection can always expand if the right opportunity comes up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts