Not getting all the HD feeds

wolfjc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 23, 2006
Cincinnati
I live in Cincinnati OH and I understand the FSN Ohio has a HD feed.
I have just upgraded to the HD package and when they installed me they did not put up any new dish I already had a dish pointing to 65.
So my question is how come I can't see the FSN Ohio HD feed?
My son who lives a few miles away does have the FSN Ohio HD feed.
When he upgraded they put in a new dish.

I have just upgraded to the HD package and when they installed me they did not put up any new dish I already had a dish pointing to 65.

Call E* and tell them that you don't have FSN Ohio HD. Most likely it's on 129 and you're getting your HD channels from 61.5. You need a new dish.

I'm going to guess that your installer probably chose the 61.5 over the 129 due to line of sight restrictions (trees, home, etc.)

With that said, it still may be possible to get a 3rd dish installed for the 129 orbital. But it may be a bit aways from the two D500's that you currently have.

With all this said, how does the NHL Center Ice HD channels work? Are they all linked to one satellite or do they go by where that particular feed is uplinked?

With all this said, how does the NHL Center Ice HD channels work? Are they all linked to one satellite or do they go by where that particular feed is uplinked?

The CI HD is great. I don't know how E* gets the FSN feeds which I can't see on to CI. But I can only see the Blue Jackets via FSN Cincinnati.
I also live in a condo and they really don't like two dishes but I can get away with that but they would have a heart attack if I went with three dishes.

Depending on when you were installed, the 129 may not have been an option. Any chance of knowing if you have a line of sight to said satellite? If so, then a D1000.2 vs your current two D500's would be best (not to mention keeping the condo association happy)

I'm going to guess that your installer probably chose the 61.5 over the 129 due to line of sight restrictions (trees, home, etc.)

With that said, it still may be possible to get a 3rd dish installed for the 129 orbital. But it may be a bit aways from the two D500's that you currently have.

The 61.5 dish has been on my roof for about 4 years.
When I got locals E* informed me that to get the KY PBS station I would need another dish and they would give it to me and install it free.
So the installer did not select the 61.5 dish it was already here.

So the installer did not select the 61.5 dish it was already here.
He did select your 61.5 dish to use for your hd programming regardless of wether it was there or not. Did anything come up during your upgrade about not being able to get the 129 sat or a 1000 dish?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts