Not getting Moneys worth Channel 100- National News Alerts

The only problem with your idea is how it is being presented. Channel 100 was never meant to be only for news. What you want is a channel with a mix of the news channels, not necessarily on channel 100. I wouldn't depend on DISH making the change when there is an event happening, better to have a channel dedicated to what you want.
Btw bandwidth is negligible for it. Channels switch relatively quickly on my VIP, hard to imagine it is slower on a Hopper? Maybe make a favorites list of just news channels and flip through them?
(As a side note having Superstation KTLA for this gave a good addition to National news channels)

Ever use a Joey? I have several of the original models.
They are super slow. Pretty much changing channels is not worth it, soo slow.
Should would be easy for Dish to just make the news mix 24x7, they probably just need to push one button in their system to make this happen.
-
Thank You everyone for the ideas, I am listening.
And yes, I have had the Hopper and Joeys since inception, and although a little slower than the hopper, they are not bad at all... I've seen reports that some are, so it's a roll of the dice, still not warranting a new channel.

Ever use a Joey?
If you have a Joey, you've also got at least one Hopper so you're argument is DOA.

If you're going to get wadded up in someone else's problems, it is best to wait until the truth comes out as opposed to the mass quantities of acid-inducing speculation on the part of "network consultants" that are hundreds (if not thousands) of miles away and not much better informed than anyone else on the particulars.

If you have a Joey, you've also got at least one Hopper so you're argument is DOA.

If you're going to get wadded up in someone else's problems, it is best to wait until the truth comes out as opposed to the mass quantities of acid-inducing speculation on the part of "network consultants" that are hundreds (if not thousands) of miles away and not much better informed than anyone else on the particulars.
I have to agree... Almost the entire broadcast they were saying 3 white males.... Then the truth came out. Not even close. They were just aiming for numbers, which again is why I call all those 24/7 news infotainment.

That is why we need a news mix channel. Networks present sometimes the wrong facts or rumors.
If I can quickly switch between them, then I CAN decide what news to watch and what news I think is valid.
The customer decides with the News Mix channel.

If I can quickly switch between them, then I CAN decide what news to watch and what news I think is valid.
That we need something because you want something to support your "habit" isn't a logical conclusion.

I fully understand that junkies need their fix, but there are treatment programs for that. ;)

And yes, I have had the Hopper and Joeys since inception, and although a little slower than the hopper, they are not bad at all... I've seen reports that some are, so it's a roll of the dice, still not warranting a new channel.
Yeah , I have a Joey that's a POS.
and one that's good.
All those software updates didn't do a thing for it.
That doesn't mean I want a mix channel, I want a better JOEY.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

There are two different Joey's out there. The origional and the Joey 2.0 the 2.0 is a lot faster than the Origional Joey. Sounds like you have one of each. :)

Reactions: Troch77
There are two different Joey's out there. The origional and the Joey 2.0 the 2.0 is a lot faster than the Origional Joey. Sounds like you have one of each. :)
I was going to go with the Wireless one, but I decided I'll wait until Dish doesn't want to charge me $100 for it.

I'm a little disappointed that I've contacted them 3 times on the matter, and yet this Joey is still in my house.

Clearly you've never witnessed what it is like to use an RVU TV.
Actually I've used RVU tvs with Directv, these Joeys are far worse!!!!
I'll take a C31 or RVU tv Using an HR34 over this Joey any day of the week!!!

Only for 1 week since the Joeys inception have I had a big issue with the Joey. It has always responded efficiently for me, both in my home, and the ones that were in the office. I have never replaced them, and I have had them since the very first day of release. My problems tend to be minimal at best.

An other month and no one is watching or using Channel 100.
If they made it a 24x7 News Mix at least people interested in the news or breaking news will use it.
-
I am thinking Dish should just remove it since they wont fix the issue.
It would free up bandwidth for some new channels.

If they made it a 24x7 News Mix at least people interested in the news or breaking news will use it.
-
I am thinking Dish should just remove it since they wont fix the issue.
It would free up bandwidth for some new channels.
I used it for sports over the weekend....

There are a lot of channels that no one is using, or damned few anyway. But, they are there for those few. Those few should not suffer because someone else would rather see something else....

How do you know?

Channel 100 exists primarily to let people with older receivers know their system is working with a side benefit of being a technology demonstration for those with inactive receivers. It isn't for regular viewing pleasure.

That you think it would be better used to support your habit is an issue that we're not going to be able to help you with.

Reactions: simplexswrhs90

Dish Launches all HEVC Service

Hopper 1 the Original Hopper & EHD Bug?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)