Not getting my service area on local apps

bantonb

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 28, 2009
Florida
I am a DISH subscriber and recently got the Amazon firestick. I downloaded the local apps CBS, NBC etc signed in with my DISH account but for some reason the live feed is showing out of LA not my service area of Cincinnati which is registered with DISH .

Anyone knows how I can get my local feed (mainly for news) through Firestick with these local apps?

or your internet service provider has your location wrong. As an example, my provider, Comcast, thinks I am in Sacramento because their corporate offices are there. This only affects NBC though, the rest are correct. I believe this is an NBC issue rather than Comcast though.

Reactions: charlesrshell
For a few years my IP showed I was in Canada, even bought a few things and was called questioning where I did live....Credit card said one thing IP another.

or your internet service provider has your location wrong. As an example, my provider, Comcast, thinks I am in Sacramento because their corporate offices are there. This only affects NBC though, the rest are correct. I believe this is an NBC issue rather than Comcast though.
It depends on the block of IP addresses the internet provider uses and the table that the dish network router uses to interpret them...not pointing fingers but just showing a communication breakdown

I have the "location" issue regularly with my cell Internet services. AT&T places me in NYC and Verizon sometimes puts me in Kansas City, MO no matter where I actually am. I can sort of set them straight with the VPN app on my Firestick, but that adds an extra level of speed loss.

I use Dishanywhere app on 3 fire sticks and receive locals from my OTA.. Wouldn't that be easier?I have no idea about locals on apps.. didn't know you could

I have the "location" issue regularly with my cell Internet services. AT&T places me in NYC and Verizon sometimes puts me in Kansas City, MO no matter where I actually am. I can sort of set them straight with the VPN app on my Firestick, but that adds an extra level of speed loss.
What VPN you use? I tried a VPN but the NBC app said couldn't connect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts