Not getting SAP

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Eduardito

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 8, 2011
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Is there a special trick to setting SAP? I know the SAP channels are very few but when it is avaliable I try to change it to it but I don't get it. There's no button for it on the controller like on my old Directv control which was the yellow button.

There's a menu setting for language. You have to do it that way, it doesn't mix the SAP into the signal for your TV to decode like a broadcast channel does.

It's been a long time since I've tried to get SAP on any channels, but it may very well be that Dish just isn't carrying it for all of them. You'd have to contact Dish and ask.

But yes, as far as I know, you have to go to the menus every time to change languages. You have to do that for closed captions as well, which is astoundingly stupid and people have been complaining about it for years, but Dish has never done anything about it!

I've called 3 times about it and they always give me the same instructions but it never comes on, it's super frustrating because I know it should be able to do it. My dad used to watch NCSI in spanish everyday on DirecTV and now he's angry lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)