Not happy with StarzHD quality

Wrong again. If they don't get the required cash for the channel to exist, they'll just drop the channel. Do you really think they'd continue take a loss on it?

The consumer is screwed either way. Get used to it. It's called The American Way.

ChetK said:
Wrong again. If they don't get the required cash for the channel to exist, they'll just drop the channel. Do you really think they'd continue take a loss on it?

The consumer is screwed either way. Get used to it. It's called The American Way.

So use lots of vasoline and you will be alright:D

Watched several minutes of Narnia again tonight. The nasty center image blockiness compression artifacts had been cleaned up. That made it more watchable.

But the image was still extremely soft for HD.

I'll have to pull out our DVD to see if that's how it looks on there. Perhaps they shot it soft on purpose.

I was watching a little bit of Austin Powers, and it looked absolutely terrible.

Between an overly soft image and the constant blocking artifacts I was wholly unimpressed. This was really bad. And anytime there was any type of strobe or similar effect, it was very bad macroblocking.

Most unimpressive.

Starz HD

Has anyone who has Starz HD notice the bad pixelation that is going on? Starz SD is perfectly fine. :(

Watched a little of Hitchhicker last night and the picture could not keep up - large sections of the picture would drop out. Off 61.5.

StarzHD has had intermittent (being nice) problems since it launched. But it also differs based on what bird you are getting it from. I have not noticed many problems on my setup with 129.

Also see this thread

Just make sure your HD locals aren't on 61.5 or you'll lose those if you move your dish to 129.

I'm running StarzHD on 61.5 and have seen the constant pixelization kickin' horizontally throughout the center of the screen. It makes the channel unwatchable.

I'm running StarzHD on 61.5 and have seen the constant pixelization kickin' horizontally throughout the center of the screen. It makes the channel unwatchable.

I finally noticed this last night off of 61.5 - during "Fun with Dick and Jane", there were pixels everywhere. Wow..i never saw it that bad before.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)