Not happy with the Dish Hopper DVR

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Oh don't worry they most certainly exist. Hundreds of posts about it. People with the Hopper system, if indeed no VIP equipment is allowed would not get or need to get a call from the audit team. It would be very hard/nearly impossible to stack the account other than within the same building if no VIP equipment.
I know you don't like it, but you can bet that is the bottom line as to why no VIP equipment is allowed with the Hopper.

And we have to make choices in life, yours fortunately is not a life and death one. You can get the newest greatest equipment and take a loss and/or sell your receivers, or keep what you have and get good use out of it. By the way, leaving dish certainly doesn't get you your use of the equipment you bought......

You are absolutely right about life and death but they should let us have the darn things so we can be on our merry way and go on with our happy little lives not knowing any better or worse. I truly before this had no idea that there was anything called account stacking or a department called auditing :eek: or anything LOL. I lived in my little happy dish network world, were everything worked they gave me whatever I wanted when I wanted it, whenever I wanted it without question. So this is going to be very weird and strange for me and the other 13.9 million subscribers. I'm am positive that I am not the only person in the world that is going to have this problem.

Last edited:
I see this emotional backlash a lot (an observation, not an attack). Why? Dish has taken nothing from you. You have everything you had last month. You have been given an option. If you don't like it, keep what you have or go to another provider.

If your current cell phone company, or TV manufacturer (etc) came out with a new model, and it wasn't to your liking, would you be so upset?
I'm totally aware that my particular situation is not that common but I'm not the only one either.

First, I love tech. The newer the better. We have four flat screens that can use HD. We record 50+ percent of our programs from network prime time. PTAT is made for us... If we can take a few hours of it camping a few times a year.

Second, we desert camp in our trailer with a VIP612. I set it up, plug in an EHD that has 4 or 5 prime time shows and some science shows and we watch some and when be get back home plug the EHD back into the VIP722 and restore to it any shows we didn't watch.

Now Dish want's me to give up camping with the shows I want to see or not get the new equipment I want to have. And the only thing I'm angry about is Dish's completely arbitrary discussion to prevent me from having both my paid for EHD shows when camping and a great new hopper just because they feel like it.

That is hubris.

Sorry to all who are tired of this rant. Believe me I'm tired of repeating it but when someone asks "why," I answer.

I would find it absolutely the funniest thing ever if every call they received from a customer on March 15th with owned equipment gets transferred to customer retention. I think they would have to rethink there policy very quickly.

"You gave away how many subs of HBO today?"

Last edited:
Yes I do, My other half does on theirs and my mother and law does on hers and my kids do on theirs do it would be a jumble of crap if we had to mix it all into one. Two hoppers would never work in this house. I would take a minimum of four. You would have to come to my house to see it, its not like we are a bunch of fat people sitting around watching tv but we own our own business's so we are home all day we have alot of TV's all over the place. I don't want joey's messing up my recording's. And we record alot of things and I mean alot. We are so over probably the average it would make your head spin there are conflicts some days where 5 different shows are on at the same time and only two can record thats on the living room tv so we can fall back to mine in the bedroom but still I thought this new system was going to be the golden answer for the two of us. It was just going to be the most wonderful thing in the whole world fix everything that was wrong with television in my house and end all problems finally I wasn't going to have to record anything twice, no more conflicts the world was going to be perfect. Guess I was wrong.

Last edited:
No one has ever presented Hopper as the one single answer to all needs. It will just become the most common box, probably.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)