Not happy with the Dish Hopper DVR

It's not that, its the stupid rule so far that everone has said you can't keep old and have the new, even though they have install digrams for it. I have checked every possible way of doing it in my household and with my current setup I would have to have 4 hoppers to replace my current amount of tuners and TVs which is unacceptable. Oh and one of the four would have to be separated because we have a family member living with that we can't get rid of but I'll be damned if I have to share a tv with them. I don't mind paying for it now, but sharing is a different story all together. Designing women my butt. I don't want to see that crap on my DVR.

It would be nice if you could have a mixed account if you own everything. I have some 211ks that work great for TVs that do not really need access to a whole home DVR.

And at that time, you said it would be out to the public in two days. At this stage in the development of the Hopper, I suspect that nothing is truly finalized. They will have a lot of things to add and fix over the next six months to year.

We have different understanding of the word, perhaps I'm more technical, but you're more practical.

It's not that, its the stupid rule so far that everone has said you can't keep old and have the new, even though they have install digrams for it. I have checked every possible way of doing it in my household and with my current setup I would have to have 4 hoppers to replace my current amount of tuners and TVs which is unacceptable. Oh and one of the four would have to be separated because we have a family member living with that we can't get rid of but I'll be damned if I have to share a tv with them. I don't mind paying for it now, but sharing is a different story all together. Designing women my butt. I don't want to see that crap on my DVR.

You're currently using 12 tuners in your setup? Cripes and I thought I did a fair amount of TV watching with a pair of dual tuner DVRs. Sure if you're willing to fork over the dough for the 922 you can still outright purchase it from retailers that still have it in stock but you're not going to be able to lease them from Dish it looks like.

After eliminating the Premium movie channels that are to high and dropping down to the top 200 after the last price hike in 2011, I simply don't need to have that many tuners going. I blocked out the sports , religious , Spanish, shopping and public access channels, I only have about 72 channels in the basic cable that I can watch, not counting locals. We watch mostly network tv with a few cable channels for some regular shows. As for the premium shows I used to love to watch, like True Blood, I plan on subscribing to HBO for the month of either August or Sept. so we can use HBO Go to see the shows online. I can watch them over a month and catch up on the entire season for $16.00. Instead of watching the entire summer. I used to have 3 dual tuner dvrs before the additional receiver hike of 2010. Now we get buy with a 722k with ota tuners and two 211k with dvr software. My kid watches kid shows on his 211k and my wife has her 211k dedicated to HGTV 24/7. But PRICE of the FEES is what will determine whether I upgrade to the Hopper. That and ota support. Have to have it so I can see my local news,being a mover and all. I can't imagine having a ton of dual tuner dvrs like Scott does. When would you ever have the time to watch it all and being there is not that much on to watch anyway , I simply couldn't justify the money towards it monthly.

I currently use 10 tuners
I realize to a lot of people this may seem excessive, and it probably is but I hate conflicts and I also hate watching live television unless its a premium channel. I don't like it when the damn machine tells me oh you can't record this, because it is already recording two other things on multiple machines which happens on a daily basis now. I'm ready for the two hopper solution between my living room and bedroom but I don't want it any where else in my house but maybe my office. I want the rest to keep on going by themselves just so they don't have anything to do with it, I realize that would bring my house up to some stupid number like 12 tuners but who cares as long as I'm paying for them and they are in my house. I would be happy to plug them into a phone line for dish network if they wanted me to. Whatever they want I'm willing to do.

I currently use 10 tuners
I realize to a lot of people this may seem excessive, and it probably is but I hate conflicts and I also hate watching live television unless its a premium channel. I don't like it when the damn machine tells me oh you can't record this because this is already recording which happens on a daily basis now. I'm ready for the two hopper solution between my living room and bedroom but I don't want it any where else in my house but maybe my office. I want the rest to keep on going by themselves just so they don't have anything to do with it, I realize that would bring my house up to some stupid number like 12 tuners but who cares as long as I'm paying for them and they are in my house. I would be happy to plug them into a phone line for dish network if they wanted me to. Whatever they want I'm willing to do.

Yup I do for sure, but on the other hand I don't pay your bill so you should absolutely get what you want.

Its really not that bad really 164.00 a month my neighbor pays more then that with comcast and they give you all kinds of free crap too!

Dish ought to be bending over backwards to make you happy for that kind of monthly change.

They are really nice they give me free cinimax and free blockbuster whatever thingy that is it used to just be platinum hd ( I do have to call every three months though) but I don't think I pay much more then anyone else but I subscribe to hbo and sho year round so thats also in there too. I used to take hbo off to save 13 dollars but now they don't do the two for 26 any more so if you take off you won't get the deal, at least that is what I was told so I leave it on there................... You guys are kinda making me feel like I pay above average. Other then the boxs I don't see where I would pay any more then anyone else.

Last edited:
Sounds like multiple ViP receivers is best for keckge. Hopper isn't for everyone.

I know whats best navy chop but the hopper is darn pretty! I just want two worlds combined. I want dish magic to happen :) I NEED THE DISH FAIRY

Maybe if I put a receiver under my pillow........:D

Last edited:
They are really nice they give me free cinimax and free blockbuster whatever thingy that is it used to just be platinum hd ( I do have to call every three months though) but I don't think I pay much more then anyone else but I subscribe to hbo and sho year round so thats also in there too. I used to take hbo off to save 13 dollars but now they don't do the two for 26 any more so if you take off you won't get the deal, at least that is what I was told so I leave it on there................... You guys are kinda making me feel like I pay above average. Other then the boxs I don't see where I would pay any more then anyone else.

As long as you can afford what you pay for & are happy with it,who cares? Look at the ones who have BOTH Dish & DTV,they most likely pay more than you do for both services combined.

well since we were talking about it I was on the phone renewing my cinimax and they were still under the impression that you can have hoppers and keep your 512's and 322's and 311's but who knows.

Well to be fair we just don't know for sure. Maybe existing accounts can add a Hopper and keep what they have, new accounts can not mix and match....

Well then I really don't want to hop between service providers. LOL. Besides I just finished telling the lady at dish network how great she was last night.

If they do I feel bad for my installer he is going to be in tears again "Well it should be working let me call some one, I haven't come across this problem in 7 years of installing these".

Although from the looks of it all he really would need to do is remove the existing satellite feeds going into first dpp44 add another one and we should be good to go. Now I know at least once every year or two I burn out LNB's they say it's due to so much equipment, I don't know if that's true or not.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)