Not happy with the Dish Hopper DVR

I think you are right. I think that the hopper will be free like all DISH receivers are now on your account. The price of the receiver is already factored into your basic programming pack anyway. The Joeys will most likely be $7.00 EACH. Each additional hopper afer the first will be $7.00 and of course the multi-view $4.00 fee will be added to the $6.00 dvr fee or $10.00 .

FWIW - that's exactly how I read and see it happening. It's the $4.00 fee that convinced me the first Hopper will not have a $7 fee.

I think you are right. I think that the hopper will be free like all DISH receivers are now on your account. The price of the receiver is already factored into your basic programming pack anyway. The Joeys will most likely be $7.00 EACH. Each additional hopper afer the first will be $7.00 and of course the multi-view $4.00 fee will be added to the $6.00 dvr fee or $10.00 .

FWIW - that's exactly how I read and see it happening. It's the $4.00 fee that convinced me the first Hopper will not have a $7 fee.

Looking at what I pay with direct for a three tv set up, that would have dish inline with direct on fees with this type of set up? If one Joey is included and not charged a fee

All this is speculation. We'll know soon enough what the actual charges will be. And I suspect Dish will still be cheaper, at least at the lower levels.

I swear I'm ready to go down and pop in at the warehouse and see if they have one down there and are playing with it just to see it, I'm sure I can come up with some excuse like my remote broke and I need a new one or some stupid thing like that. Does anyone know if they have shipped any to the installers for test units?

Someone needs to merge this thread and the other hater threads relating to the Hopper into a single thread. I'd suggest naming it: 'whine, gripe, moan, and bellyache about the Hopper that isn't even released yet.'

It is fun speculating what may or may not be. For me the hopper/joey won't be a consideration because I use a 722 98% of the time in the single mode & record only a few times a week, none of it is network programming. My only interest in it is for potential customers I sign up as an installer/salesperson for a retailer who offers both providers. I have a pending order with D* that may have canceled by now & will cancel it and rebuild it since the new promos on D* are now offering $29 a month off 1st yr & $20 a month off 2nd yr. I have no loyalty or love for neither. It's all about monthly fees, after my contract with D* is up & I can jump on E* new customer promos and ride it out again.

Someone needs to merge this thread and the other hater threads relating to the Hopper into a single thread. I'd suggest naming it: 'whine, gripe, moan, and bellyache about the Hopper that isn't even released yet.'

This thread is already named :" Not happy with the DISH Hopper." Why do we need to rename it?

The did that a week ago.

And at that time, you said it would be out to the public in two days. At this stage in the development of the Hopper, I suspect that nothing is truly finalized. They will have a lot of things to add and fix over the next six months to year.

I wondered how and when they were going to start charging for the additional outlet fee on the first dual tuner receiver (now the triple tuner with the 813). Maybe the Hopper is a test run to see how well the fee is accepted. Perhaps this will be the beginning of that then later a charge on the second tuner of the first receiver on the account in regards to the 222/522/625/722/922 as well.

Well, Claude. When the Hopper is finally released, and it's a success, I'll cook for you. Guess what's for dinner?

22943042132373889847.jpg

I just really want to know if I should upgrade all the rest of my machines to 922's before the warehouse sends them back or stay for the hope of the hopper.

I just really want to know if I should upgrade all the rest of my machines to 922's before the warehouse sends them back or stay for the hope of the hopper.

Why would you want to? Maybe you have money to throw at 'em and enjoy the experience? If so go for it. I can see no reason to do it, though.

gpflepsen said:
Why would you want to? Maybe you have money to throw at 'em and enjoy the experience? If so go for it. I can see no reason to do it, though.

It's not that, its the stupid rule so far that everone has said you can't keep old and have the new, even though they have install digrams for it. I have checked every possible way of doing it in my household and with my current setup I would have to have 4 hoppers to replace my current amount of tuners and TVs which is unacceptable. Oh and one of the four would have to be separated because we have a family member living with that we can't get rid of but I'll be damned if I have to share a tv with them. I don't mind paying for it now, but sharing is a different story all together. Designing women my butt. I don't want to see that crap on my DVR.

Last edited: