Not installed yet but already have a question

Valerie Dawson

Original poster
Mar 23, 2013
Chandler, AZ
I signed up for DISH yesterday. The DISH telephone rep was very nice and asked what channels I watched most, and he said our 120 program is what you need. So that is what I bought. After more investigation I find that while the channels I mentioned are in the 120 line up, others that I would like to have, are not. Is it easy to upgrade to 200 or 250 or am I stuck with what I purchased? Also if it is easy would it be best to do it today before installation tomorrow, or is it something they can do without a service call at a later date? Thanks for any advice.

I signed up for DISH yesterday. The DISH telephone rep was very nice and asked what channels I watched most, and he said our 120 program is what you need. So that is what I bought. After more investigation I find that while the channels I mentioned are in the 120 line up, others that I would like to have, are not. Is it easy to upgrade to 200 or 250 or am I stuck with what I purchased? Also if it is easy would it be best to do it today before installation tomorrow, or is it something they can do without a service call at a later date? Thanks for any advice.

You can change your programming package at anytime. For most promotions, you need to keep at least the 120 package or higher. While there is no cost to upgrade, there is a $5 downgrade fee if done within 30 days (not 100% sure on the time frame). The technician who installs your service really has nothing to do with your programming. They will activate your receiver(s) with whatever you've setup through customer service.

Welcome to the site. :)

However since your a new customer you will likely have to pay upfront the difference in the upper packages.

After some thought, it would be better to change it before activating. That way there is no chance of not getting the promotional prices or a mess up in billing.

there is a $5 downgrade fee if done within 30 days (not 100% sure on the time frame)
The 30 days is correct. It is also waived for new customers within the first 60 days of activation/installation - just thought I would mention that since the OP is getting installed tomorrow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts