Not Receiving Food Channel (NDS activated 12/2/04)

jimmykce1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2004
Not Receiving Food Channel

Yesterday, I went home and rebooted my receiver to get the Food Channel to show up in the PG. Well, it did show up in the PG after the reboot; however, when I tune to the channel 616 it says " Access Card". I called Voom they sent an access hit and was told to wait a couple of hours. I did get the channel 616 for a little while. After I watched a couple of HD program I tried tuning back to it and I got the same message. As of this morning, I am still not getting this channel to come in. Anyone else having this problem??

I am having a similar problem - it says that I need to subscribe to get it. Called voom last night and they said they were going to send a series of hits to it and to wait and see if it comes up. It still has not as of this morning.

garveyj said:
I am having a similar problem - it says that I need to subscribe to get it. Called voom last night and they said they were going to send a series of hits to it and to wait and see if it comes up. It still has not as of this morning.

Same problem here. It says I need to subscribe.

Same thing here..acces card issue.. I called Voom,they took UA number from my box..and siad that will call me back within next 24 hours..!

Guys, make sure that you have the latest software version installed (7.26). If you do, try a hard-reset cycle (press/hold front button & wait until PG loads). The later worked for me after the upgrade.

I have received a new stb and gotten the new software. Still I cannot get FoodNetwork and now HGTV. Everytime I tune to either of these channels I get a message "Access Card call Voom for serivce" All my other channels work fine. I have had hits sent to me from Voom and rebooted and still no luck.

HGTV & FoodNetwork Channel

Would like to know how many of you are receiving these two new channels that were added.

Scott:

Did you receive my PM to you yesterday explaining my problem with receiving these channels? Do you have any answers or fixes for it please post here to help other people too. I am going to try unplugging my stb to see if that slears up my problems. I have had Voom send me hits and done soft reboots. The channels do show up im my PG, but when I choose them I get a message saying, "Acess call Voom for service" only on these two channels. I also I am running Ver. 7.26.

jimmykce1 said:
Scott:

Did you receive my PM to you yesterday explaining my problem with receiving these channels? Do you have any answers or fixes for it please post here to help other people too. I am going to try unplugging my stb to see if that slears up my problems. I have had Voom send me hits and done soft reboots. The channels do show up im my PG, but when I choose them I get a message saying, "Acess call Voom for service" only on these two channels. I also I am running Ver. 7.26.
Sounds like you have a bad access card. Up until now security was via DigiCypher II, however the FOOD Network is the first (and only) channel to use the NDS card in your system.

For my remote issue, the CSR had me remove, check and re-insert the access card. I wonder if there is an access card issue with the new software?

-John

I received the following information regading Food and HGTV:

As of last night both of these channels are now NDS-encrypted. Using NDS now the card is the one that gives authorization (previously it was the box). This requires that the box and the card be paired accurately in each customer account and that a hit goes out to the card with the proper authorizations.

Given this information. Make sure to call the Call Center (CSRs) and have them paired of both your NDS card and the box plus send a hit to the box after authorization. I was told that this is something that they could easily do.

Ok. We can't have two threads about the same problem. So I am merging this one with the other one and moving to Help Desk forum. Please read my answer before.

jimmykce1 said:
Would like to know how many of you are receiving these two new channels that were added.

I was not getting Food.

I pulled the stb plug, and then did not get hgtv or food.

Called voom.

The guy sent down a 'hit' and both came right up.

I had to do the following to get 615 & 616 back up:

Call Voom and have them remove all your stb. Than have them reactivate all the equipment. Than you should be able to receive the HGTV and Food channel.

I just got off the phone with a Voom CSR and all is working great.

Just to note, if you are missing channels you need to have the new 7.26 software. If you don't have it you need to force the download.

VOOM will be moving a few channels every day to NDS encription until they are all in NDS. So make sure you have 7.26 on your unit. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)