Not sure what I will need...

gjcavana

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 11, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
I am in davenport IA. Yesterday our local channels in HD were uplinked on sat 77W. My system is configured right now with SATs 110,119 & 129 and I think I have a Dish 1000 Dish. I'm not sure what other hardware I have as far as switches and stuff but I have a 722 & a 622 box. Can anyone tell me what I will need to do to get our local HD channels from 77W? Will I need new hardware? A second dish? Thanks for any insight you might have.

Sorry for my ignorance but what would that require? Re-pointing the dish or new hardware or just reprogramming the box?
They will need to switch out your 1000.2 dish for a 1000.4...specific to EA.

Would I really need 61.5 & 72.7? With the currant location of my dish I think pointing to 77w might work (acording to dishpointer.com) but 61.5 doesn't look good.

Would I really need 61.5 & 72.7? With the currant location of my dish I think pointing to 77w might work (acording to dishpointer.com) but 61.5 doesn't look good.

I do not know for sure if E* is forcing an pure arc install. I suspect if they've declared your market an eastern arc market, thy will try to do a one dish install of the 1000.4 instead of adding a wing dish just for 77W. Line of sight issues can always cause things to change of course. The installer will have to make a determination in conjunction with E*'s directives.

There's little point to adding a wing dish when you can typically replace the dish you have.

If you have LOS issues, they'll still need to install a new dish somewhere else just as they would have to do with the wing dish.

It may be easiest just to have the 77 wing dish added to your WA dish. That would mean that you would have 2 dishes. What seems to be possible problem with pointing for picking up 61.5 you mentioned?

CSR chat just told me I would be responsible for the $95 service charge to have a wing dish installed. I will not be paying for their decision to put my locals on a satellite that no equipment in my DMA is configured to work with.

CEO

CSR chat just told me I would be responsible for the $95 service charge to have a wing dish installed. I will not be paying for their decision to put my locals on a satellite that no equipment in my DMA is configured to work with.

Try the ceo email addy. You should be moved to your correct addy to be able to get the sats you need. You can't get the sats then you need new dish install or you can't get you locals that have just been added.

Thanks everyone for your imput. I'm going to call the guy who installed my system and see what he says about picking up 77W on a wing dish or something. If it works out, would there be any other advantage of picking up 77W along with 110,119 & 129 that I have now?

You would get you locals

Thanks everyone for your imput. I'm going to call the guy who installed my system and see what he says about picking up 77W on a wing dish or something. If it works out, would there be any other advantage of picking up 77W along with 110,119 & 129 that I have now?

Yes you would have your locals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts