* Note - Do Not Call For Mpeg4 UNTIL FEB 1ST*

Status
Please reply by conversation.
goaliebob99 said:
Heres my problem with the whole deal..

I allready have a dish 1000 and 61.5...
My locals lauch in Feb in MPG4 hd....

Will I beable to get a 622 when my locals launch.

I will be highly pissed if I cant get it then...

2nd.. because im not needing any installation and am allready installed.. do i have to pay anything for a simple reciver swapout.

I shouldnt have to wait for a 200 dollar credit for the swapout.. all it should amount to is sending me the reciver and I send my old one back. What do you guys think.. How much more simple can it get..
me too bob I'm in same situation you except i got rid 0f 61.5, but my locals launch first too, yesterday speaking with executive resolutions team they told me there's no way i have a 622 on my doorstep on Feb 1 sound s like we may need to wait till march-April

Well... I got an e-mail from Charlie himself I posted in another thread. He said probably March. We all know the 2 month delay. Probably why he said wait for April.

Scott

I think I'm going to spring for the $299 and give them my stone age 4900 in trade..... I'll keep my 921 and move it to my bedroom where a new LCD is probably a year or so out..... It will give me time to watch all the shows I have recoorded as well....

bowens said:
Oh, one more thing. Did anybody else catch this. The slogan for DishHD was "Finally delivering on the promise of HD." At lease they're admitting that they took forever.
I don't know how they can say that when they won't be delivering HD. As many have said 1280x1080 IS NOT HD! :mad:

Uhggg....already have my 2nd dish at 61.5 & my 942 (leased in November).

I want the new HD channels ASAP, but really don't want to waste the $200 "rebate" (silly word for this). I really don't mind the net $99 - of course, I'd rather NOT have to spend that just to unhook my 942 & hook up the 622, but I can afford it & I knew that the swap wouldn't be free. My real problem is the wait - why do I (long term E* customer, already HD savy, already spending big $$s for HD) have to wait 2 months to get the new channels??

I understand that this keeps the demand down - which is probably the real reason to delay the existing HD subs swap out til April - let's them ramp up the 622 production. But it still sucks!

jhutchings said:
It seems the CSR's now know about the new packages, but they are not available until Feb 1. I did talk to a HD tech person and he was not aware of any upgrade plans for existing customers. I told him I wanted the VIP 622 upgrade for $299.00 and he said it was not available to existing customers. He also indicated that the VIP 622 might not be available Feb 1. What amazes me about this whole thing is that a company as large as Dishnetwork would not have their ducks in a row for this, that their own CSR's do not know what is being announced. Anyone have any feedback when the actual hardware will be available.
You've been with DISH how long? :rolleyes:

when can we upgrade?

Does anyone know when we can upgrade to the vip622 for 299.00 as announced on the Charlie chat last night? They didnt give a date when this promotion will roll out. I called dish this morning and they are still running the old promotion (100 to install an 811).

Thanks,
Jeff

Scott Greczkowski said:
Once again Dish Network has announced things on a chat without informing their CSR's. I am being told the phones are ringing off the hook and the CSR's know NOTHING about what was said on the chat.
Please wait until next Monday to call in.
You will feel much better iif you wait. :)
What abou t my local dish retailer will he do swaps or is thru DISH ONLY?

thanks

Trido

Working for a retailer I would bet that this would be through DISH direct. We hopefully will know more on Wednesday. That is when the Retailer Chat is going to be. I'm sure Scott or someone will have info shortly after.

Upgrade To Mpeg4 Plans Junk

seems Charlie, is still celebrating Hanukkah
the new swap out plans include sending your OWNED mpeg2 hd equipment into him then paying a upgrade fee to LEASE a new mpeg4 box

Chuck, you jerk,
Screw the customers every chance you get.

people who lease their mpeg2 hd equipment this seems like a fair deal for them, but if you own equipment you're getting raped by Charlie

whoops meant to make this its own thread

Upgrade To Mpeg4 Plans Junk

the new swap out plans include sending your OWNED mpeg2 hd equipment into him then paying a upgrade fee to LEASE a new mpeg4 box

Chuck, you jerk,

people who lease their mpeg2 hd equipment this seems like a fair deal for them, but if you own equipment you're getting raped by Charlie

That is tough!!!! I agree with you. I have read many threads here and listened to the Charlie Chat and have yet to really understand the deal for the 921/942 owners. Do we really have to hand over the equipment? I do not know for a fact yet that this is the way it will be done. Do you have a link where it explicitly says that we have to return to the equipment? Or can someone point us to a dish link on this.

I actually like Charlies plan. When the MPEG2 HD stream are shut off next year your 942 is going to be worthless anyways. Its not like you will be able to sell it on EBAY.

Plus since the unit belongs to them if new an upgraded receiver comes out you would probably be able to upgrade as well.

And as long as your a Dish Network customer you can keep the box.

Really its not a bad deal.

charlie is the original flim flam man...you thnink it's tough being a customer, you should try being a dealer....hooo haaaa

How much money it will cost to lease a 942? is it $5/mth or is $10/mth?

If it is $5 x 12 months = $60 worth of leasing
if it is $10x 12 months = $120 worth of leasing.

What was the original price of the 942 $500? well you do the math. I still think the 942s owner are not getting a good deal if in fact we need to return the equipment and pay $299 or $99 (april 1) for the swap. It looks like we just wasted or gave away money to E*. Maybe E* should have calculated this money and gave us programming credit if they want the 942 boxes back.

Scott is not a matter of whether the boxes will be worthless next year. I think it is a matter of principle. I know nothing is guarantee when you buy these equipment but it seems awful tough to swallow this pill.

I know, and they wont allow me to cancel 942 take bell 9200 download then sub with xvu

I just dont lease everything i have i own

for me it doesnt seem fair, and im sure lots of other people here that like to own their stufff dont like this plan as well

ps. scott you have pm

stone phillips420 said:
Chuck, you jerk,

May not be quite that grim for you. Was told by a CSR that any active Dish receiver could be returned. It does not have to be your HD receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.