NOW for some pretty ridiculous NBA rumors....

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
Seeing that the NBA Draft is just days away, here is some crazy rumors I have been hearing:

The Boston Globe reports that the Heat could send the Chicago native to the Windy City in exchange for the top overall pick in the draft, Tyrus Thomas, and Larry Hughes. This would allow Miami to select both Derrick Rose and Michael Beasley, and have them as their nucleus along with Thomas and Shawn Marion.

Can you believe that Denver passed up on an offer of Chauncey Billups and Tayshaun Prince, which was reported in the Detroit Free Press? That also means that Detroit president Joe Dumars is really ready to shake things up in the Motor City after once again failing to reach the NBA Finals. In fact, the Free Press article stated that the team is willing to move any player except for Rodney Stuckey

Richard Jefferson for Lamar Odom anyone? Last year, when Kobe was floating the "trade me"bombs to anyone who would listen. This was dangled infron of the Laker brass...they said, "ahhh...NO!" Wanna bet this conversation last a little longer than ordering a pizza? Especially after Game 6 of the NBA Finals where supposedly Odom disappeared. Everyone knows that Gasol would do better at the 4 spot than at 5. So........

Sporting News - Your expert source for MLB Baseball, NFL Football, NBA Basketball, NHL Hockey, NCAA Football, NCAA Basketball and Fantasy Sports scores, blogs, and articles

Seeing that the NBA Draft is just days away, here is some crazy rumors I have been hearing:

The Boston Globe reports that the Heat could send the Chicago native to the Windy City in exchange for the top overall pick in the draft, Tyrus Thomas, and Larry Hughes. This would allow Miami to select both Derrick Rose and Michael Beasley, and have them as their nucleus along with Thomas and Shawn Marion.

Can you believe that Denver passed up on an offer of Chauncey Billups and Tayshaun Prince, which was reported in the Detroit Free Press? That also means that Detroit president Joe Dumars is really ready to shake things up in the Motor City after once again failing to reach the NBA Finals. In fact, the Free Press article stated that the team is willing to move any player except for Rodney Stuckey

Richard Jefferson for Lamar Odom anyone? Last year, when Kobe was floating the "trade me"bombs to anyone who would listen. This was dangled infron of the Laker brass...they said, "ahhh...NO!" Wanna bet this conversation last a little longer than ordering a pizza? Especially after Game 6 of the NBA Finals where supposedly Odom disappeared. Everyone knows that Gasol would do better at the 4 spot than at 5. So........

Sporting News - Your expert source for MLB Baseball, NFL Football, NBA Basketball, NHL Hockey, NCAA Football, NCAA Basketball and Fantasy Sports scores, blogs, and articles

Who is this un-named "Chicago Native" you speak of?

Dwyane Wade.

YEP! I find it absolutely craze that someone would think this....but like I have said before. IF the BEST baseball player in my era, Alex Rodriguez and arguable, the greatest hockey player of all time, Wayne Gretsky, be traded....I guess ANYTHING is possible.:confused:

Yeah... I don't see this happening (Assuming John Paxton doesn't want to screw this up like he did the recent coaching decisions he made.)

Yeah... I don't see this happening (Assuming John Paxton doesn't want to screw this up like he did the recent coaching decisions he made.)

But truth be told....I guess I am wishing with my heart...because it would be a HUGE deal for the Heat. As much as I love Dwayne Wade....that trade would be so lopsided toward the Heat, he could NOT be that dumb to pull the trigger.

But truth be told....I guess I am wishing with my heart...because it would be a HUGE deal for the Heat. As much as I love Dwayne Wade....that trade would be so lopsided toward the Heat, he could NOT be that dumb to pull the trigger.

Is a #1 pick really that much to give up for a proven commodity such as Dwayne Wade? There is nothing that guarantees Derrick Rose will be as good/better than Wade. Yeah, the Bulls would also giving up Larry Hughes and Tyrus Thomas, but Thomas is a backup to Drew Gooden and Hughes would be replaced with Wade in the starting lineup.

Seems like the Heat is just wanting to start with mostly fresh people and try something new. The unproven rookies though is a definite gamble.

Is a #1 pick really that much to give up for a proven commodity such as Dwayne Wade? There is nothing that guarantees Derrick Rose will be as good/better than Wade. Yeah, the Bulls would also giving up Larry Hughes and Tyrus Thomas, but Thomas is a backup to Drew Gooden and Hughes would be replaced with Wade in the starting lineup.

Totally agree. It's not like D-Wade is that long in the tooth either.

Not to crazy about adding Carmelo either, especially if the price includes Prince. The only thing
Carmelo knows about "D", is that it's the fourth letter in the alphabet, the first letter in Dough, etc...

"Say it isn't so, Joe"

They're talking about that here too in Cleveland. No way in hell Dumars makes that trade. IMO, Detroit would be on the losing end of the deal.

I don't know.....to me, you get a better scoring point guard with younger legs and someone that can put up the same or better power numbers(rebounds and defense) the 'Sheed....with younger legs and cheaper contract.....I would pull that trade.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)