Now I can watch those HD feeds for real....

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well now I know why I really got a HD TV when I tuned in tonight and found a feed of a NHL game

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

My god the picture is STUNNING!!! I flipped between the HD feed and the SD feed and oh my god it is insane how the SD feed looks compared to HD. The SD feed is washed out and compressed. The HD feed I was drooling over :)

Bergie very very happy right now :D:D:D:D

If youve got a sub, flip between the feed and the sub, that'll shock you even more...

bev/dish's HD comes in around 9-15Mbps for mpeg2. Ive seen HD NHL ppv games on feeds at 45Mbps !

Check an HD feed against the same program from a local OTA HD digital station if possible. That will offer a great comparison as well. These are the times it pays to be an FTA'er :D

Well now I know why I really got a HD TV when I tuned in tonight and found a feed of a NHL game

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

My god the picture is STUNNING!!! I flipped between the HD feed and the SD feed and oh my god it is insane how the SD feed looks compared to HD. The SD feed is washed out and compressed. The HD feed I was drooling over :)

Bergie very very happy right now :D:D:D:D

Told ya! :):):):):):):):):)

PBS HD on amc-3 is stunning to say the least from my pansat 9200.
It looks better than getting it from our local station at 19.2 ms which still looks good but satellite looks better at 30.00 ms

It looks better than getting it from our local station at 19.2 ms which still looks good but satellite looks better at 30.00 ms

I hate to break it to you but that PBS feed is about 19 mbps, as of yesterday. That mux on AMC 3 is splitting that 30000 s/r three ways. :(

I didn't understand HALF of how a TP works until I got TSreader. I know I am a broken record on this but it ROCKS! :up:cool:

Go stogie! I knew if I kept badgering you to try TSReader it would be a valuable tool for your FTA needs.

I remember watching a backhaul of a show for NBC. It was a mux running around 35 megabits. They had the HD limited to 10 or 11 mbps and you could see the rate limit numbers set via TSReader. Everyone was complaining about the picture quality until they found the problem and adjusted it a quarter of the way through the race.

Here in the Bay Area, KQED runs PBS HD along with 3 other subchannels. So PBS HD is only around 10 Mbps.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)