Now I know why the NFL Network is struggling...

Mets82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2008
conn.
First off, you should follow Ken Fang. Hes a good blogger and has a lot of sports information. You can follow him on twitter @fangsbites. In his Friday Megalinks, Ken linked a story about the Nfl Network and why its struggling. The story link is below and I will tell you, its disgusting how NFL Films has been treated and now we know why there has been a lack of programming on it for years. As you have known for the past few years on this site, Ive been critical of NFL Network and now it seems like I have an answer.

NFL Films and Network: A marriage gone bad - Philly.com

Looks like a bitter one-sided article about NFL Films struggling, not NFL Network. NFL Network is probably enjoying its best ratings ever right now.

Goodell taking charge and suddenly things were all about the bottom line... how about the economy tanking and things HAD to be all about the bottom line in order to be a responsible business-person in this day and age? I work at a company that's had 20-30+% growth the last few years despite the bad economy and even we had a round of layoffs at one point.

NFL Films served its purpose and helped get the NFL it to where it is today... and as the article points out the NFL Network has won Emmys of its own. At a glance the only 'struggling' it's doing is not being on Time Warner? That has much more to do with the politics and economies of the industry than the NFL Network 'struggling'.

I think the NFL Network could become more popular if they were able to broadcast more NFL games. They only broadcast 8 NFL Games during the 2nd half of the season on Thursday Nights. If they were able to broadcast, say 16 games, I think a lot more people would watch it. On the other hand, if the network were to broadcast more games, I'm sure the NFL would demand it to be on the lower packages so everybody could have it, thus probably raising tv packages by a couple of bucks per month.

The thing is I think NFL Films should be treated better considering they were a cornerstone for the NFL for years. I mean they show that commerical on NFL Network about 50 yrs. of NFL Films. Is that kind of rubbing salt in the wounds??

I would rather see some of those films instead of 8 consecutive hrs of total access. They're as bad as espn running sportscenter all day.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I would rather see some of those films instead of 8 consecutive hrs of total access. They're as bad as espn running sportscenter all day.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Not me, I rarely watched NFL Network when it was the 20th re-airing of some 70s championship game. I prefer relevant content and lately that's the news.

They surely have ratings to backup their programming decisions.

The article is one sided. Given the success of the NFL Network, NFL Films is probably lucky to be anything more than a brand within the network. As the author mentioned, NFLN has won it's own Emmys.

NFLTA is great, so is Eisen and his podcast, and love The NFL Replays, they're as good to me as the Game of the Week was, and Replay in realtime flying from game takes that idea to the next level letting you relive the drama of a Sunday previously only enjoyed by those with the Red Zone channel.

I like most of the programming in general. I usually have NFL Replay on Monday afternoons, but I can definitely do without the crappy top 10 this and that shows . I just don't like to turn it on and see a replay of the news and scores for the hundredth time, especially when the same interview or analysis was on the last time I turned the channel on. Just like with Sportscenter, I would rather see something else than to hear the same news stories looped all morning long.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)