Now Solid Signal Offering H25 Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Looks cool but my present H23 has a component input built-in. This unit you have to pay extra for it. This alone for me is worth keeping this unit. Paul

It does MRV. I have one that is supposed to come today that I ordered from Solid Signal. I needed the small size to fit in my bedroom. I will give an update as to how I like it when I get it put in. I do not see the lack of having regular sized component outputs as a negative, you just probably would not want an H25 on a television that had no HDMI input. You HAVE to have a SWiM system though. It will not work with a non SWiM system. I belive that if you want RF functionality you have to buy a kit to do that too. I understand that the "eye" that receives the IR signal is oversized on this unit, so IR works better than with some other units.

Can someone do a side by side comparison of H24 vs. H25 for size and speed?

I do not think you will see an HR25 (or HR26) anytime soon.

The next advancement will be the HR34, which is just starting field testing. This is their whole-home receiver that has a large hard drive, 5 satellite tuners, and serves shows to RVU clients. The next step for DirecTV is one main box for the house and just clients at the TV.

Can someone do a side by side comparison of H24 vs. H25 for size and speed?

Here you go:

H25: 8.7" x 5.8" x 1.1"

H24: 12.5" x 9.4" x 1.8"

H23: 15" x 9.4" x 2.6"

No significant difference in speed from what I have read between the H24 and H25. Just changes to the footprint. Also note H25 has a seperate power brick (like a laptop) and requires SWM setups.

I'm confused as to why this isnt an RF unit as they say you can mount it on a wall. If you do that the IR sensor might be behind a TV (per say) so IR wont even work

I do not know how substantiated that this is, but I have read that it has a oversized IR "eye" and that it will work when mounted behind a TV. I have not tested it personally, or seen it, but I have read several reports that it works.

yeah I read that too but some folks will mount these so the IR faces down (or up) so hopefully the sensor is really good

I do not know how substantiated that this is, but I have read that it has a oversized IR "eye" and that it will work when mounted behind a TV. I have not tested it personally, or seen it, but I have read several reports that it works.

Let us know how well it works behind a TV when you get yours.

RandallA said:
Let us know how well it works behind a TV when you get yours.

I have it installed now, but it is not behind the TV, it is kind of hidden to the side, but not exactly behind anything. I can tell you that the range,if you want to call it that, of the IR seems to be impressive. You don't have to point the remote at the receiver, just in the general direction. I am very pleased with this receiver so far. MRV works great on it, and I learned something that I did not know, you can schedule recordings for your DVR's from the H25.

Is there any documentation that says the unit will not work in RF mode ?

If the unit will have RF capability later, it has it now and may not (?) be turned on ?
Why I don't know, doesn't make sense to NOT have RF .....

What could they possibly gain by not having the RF ?

Is there any documentation that says the unit will not work in RF mode ?

If the unit will have RF capability later, it has it now and may not (?) be turned on ?
Why I don't know, doesn't make sense to NOT have RF .....

What could they possibly gain by not having the RF ?

Can you not make ANY D* RF remote work with a RF capable recvr ?
Probably needs a new code ?

The only reason I can think for DirecTv, that is, for it not to have RF built in is the $35 they get for the RF add-on kit. Of course there could be some technical reason what with the box being so small. It is about the size of a hardback novel.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)