Now that HBO and MaxHD are added

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acerone

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 29, 2003
Long Island
Those of you that don't have Voom yet only. Now that HBO and CimemaHD are added to the line up will you join now?

I only have dish network and a HD 811 receiver. What does one have to do to get Voom? Kinda confused on how the 2 could coexist if possible. Looking at their line-up of stations I would really like to get it! :cool:

I won't get it yet because $700 or so is way too much to pay for a receiver, especially when the cable companies and DISH are basically giving them away. I'll wait until they come down to $200 or less. I also want to find out how much they are going to charge you guys for those channels once the free service ends.

ingramba said:
I only have dish network and a HD 811 receiver. What does one have to do to get Voom? Kinda confused on how the 2 could coexist if possible. Looking at their line-up of stations I would really like to get it! :cool:

If your tv has 2 component inputs then put the 811 in one and vomm in 2. or get a multi selector if your tv only has 1 component in.

Ken

It is hard to tell at the moment, the web site pricing is down now. If they were to have pricing more in line with the other DBS providers for movie channels then maybe.

Acerone said:
Those of you that don't have Voom yet only. Now that HBO and CimemaHD are added to the line up will you join now?

The reason that I have not jumped on the wagon at this time is because Voom does not (yet) have some of the programming that I watch on DirecTV, such as Sci-Fi, DIY, NFL etc. I am not going to jump around from service to service, and I am not going to have two satellite services. I can't see spending that kind of money. We currently only subscribe to HBO & Max on Directv plus the sports package and locals Plus HD pack. With an antenna I can get locals OTA. The only thing that I see that is really tempting me with VOOM is WorldSport because I do watch a lot of soccer. The 10 movie channels is not that appealing for me. Anyway, I will wait until this summer and compare where VOOM is and Directv is after their new satellite launch and then make a decision.

JW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)