NPS chat

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I keep saying they need to make a combo KU FTA / DC II receiver, people want to subscribe to programming ALA Carte and dont want to deal with Dish or DirecTV. People don't want a 10 foot dish, but can live with a 4 foot dish or smaller.

Thats the thing, I want a big dish, I just want to still hear its better...

Well been over 20 years and is still the best system for me, I sub to all the movie channels every year, I love the picture of the HD and SD master feeds and I save money because it cost less than cable and pizza dish, so for what I watch it is the best deal around, if you have a big dish you should have a c/ku-feed so you can get all the 4dtv programming on c/ku and enjoy the free stuff on dvb, it's easy to slave a Pansat, Fortec or Coolsat to the 4dtv.

I keep saying they need to make a combo KU FTA / DC II receiver, people want to subscribe to programming ALA Carte and dont want to deal with Dish or DirecTV. People don't want a 10 foot dish, but can live with a 4 foot dish or smaller.

Sadly I do not see a receiver like that coming along but people can get a 1.2 meter dish with a stab HH120 motor and a DVB receiver and a used 4dtv 905, 920 or 922 they can sub to the Ku-band feeds from SRL http://www.programming-center.net/

So with a system like that you should be ok, and if you don't want to go that big a 90cm should work, if you just want subs then a stationary dish should work fine.

If more and more people get a set up like this maybe Motorola will put the maps on G-16 Ku and no body will need to worry if channels are remapped.

Why in the world would I stay with NPS to sub to the Movie Channels in HD that I want and get hit with a 6% surcharge for things I do not sub to. That's just stupid - I had 4DTV for ala carte pricing and now I am going to pay a penalty for others?

Why shouldnt they just price what it costs?

I guess I will just move to another source.

Pretty stupid move from my standpoint as they will just loose another sub and I see no reason anyone else using ala carte for a few channels would not do the same.

Why in the world would I stay with NPS to sub to the Movie Channels in HD that I want and get hit with a 6% surcharge for things I do not sub to. That's just stupid - I had 4DTV for ala carte pricing and now I am going to pay a penalty for others?

Ya I only sub to master feeds so the 6% increase kind of sucks, I do know at the moment that NPS has a better deal than SRL on the movie channels, I will need to see whats up when my sub runs out, I can also look at the resellers to see who has the best deal.

To be honest if they would up the quality on there reuplinks it would not be as bad even though I don't sub to them I may grab a month or 3 here and there but the quality is like pizza dish on the NPS reuplinks and that stinks so I will not sub to them, the HITS feeds are ok still nothing like the masters though.

chefwan -- no ku isn't going anywhere and niether is cband for a who knows how long, the thing is, some, and only some, cband stuff has shown a trend of heading toward ku - the stuff recieveable with a small dish. the ku side of your feedhorn of course picks up all this. And the programming resalers NPS is all over this. They are reuplinking the channels that are ku only and putting them on cband, so they wouldn't spend 10,000 a channel to do this, if cband were going anywhere anytime soon. Im still going forward with everything. Especially with those hundreds of channels you can't get with a ku band dish on FTA :) Most of what people mean when they say HITS is ku band version of a megapipe feed. There are some on cband i hear, i hope this is SCI FI channel! But im still new to all of this so correct me if im wrong

plus remember it doesn't go out in the rain like the little ones....

It looks to me like the major networks like espn, mtv and so are really in bed sleeping with the pizza dish companies.

They are making a futile attempt to convert us to their pixeled format.

I can tell you now, I will not ever sub to the pizza pan companies and their high prices for a mediocre picture.

I will watch local ota tv and what is in the clear on c/ku band.

screw them!!!

cband stuff has shown a trend of heading toward ku - the stuff recieveable with a small dish.

They are reuplinking the channels that are ku only and putting them on cband,

Most of what people mean when they say HITS is ku band version of a megapipe feed. There are some on cband i hear, i hope this is SCI FI channel! But im still new to all of this so correct me if im wrong

The C-band programming is swithing from analog C-band to digital, and for consumers to sub with 4dtv it will need to be DCII but many are going DCII megapipe or Power Vu and the 4dtv is not compatible.

NPS is reuplinking most channels that are still C-band digital but that have gone to power vu or megapipe.

HITS has many feeds in the DCII format that the 4dtv can pickup and so NPS and SRL have worked out deals with them to offer these services to backyard dish owners, most of the HITS feeds that the 4dtv can get are on ku but there are a few that are on C-band, I think SRL is already selling the sci fi ku feed from HITS.

In a nutshell, better picture, lower price, more channels.

Even with the surcharge, NPS is selling the movie channels cheaper than everyone else. They're also the master feeds. Both pizza and cable do a pretty good job in screwing up the picture quality with their over-compression ( I won't even go into HD-Lite). You also get more channels, not just the east and west coast feeds but also a few that Dish and Direct don't carry at all.

Yes and he mentioned HITS, I would much rather get the master feeds of G-15.

I asked John Ferguson about this last night when I was renewing some programming. It looks like this is another situation like NFLHD. NPS thought the G15 feeds were megapipe. They're trying to verify that they are in a format receivable by us. If they are, I think they'll be trying to get the masters. It would seem like this would be much cheaper, particularly since they're talking about reuplinking USA.

Of course, we still don't have NFLHD yet so who knows what might happen.

They're trying to verify that they are in a format receivable by us. If they are, I think they'll be trying to get the masters. It would seem like this would be much cheaper

Of course, we still don't have NFLHD yet so who knows what might happen.

Yes the mux on Galaxy-15 is compatible with 4dtv, it's the only NBC mux that is not megapipe that I know of anyway.

NFL HD has some issue that Motorola has to have a tech adjest or something like that, I'm not really 100% all I know is Motorola has to spend money to do something for us 4dtv owners to get this channel, sad thing is they don't want to spend a dime on anything for 4dtv, unless NPS pays for the tech time I guess we will never see this channel all we can do is keep asking about it and hope that Motorola or NPS will get it done.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)