NPS for KU band?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
what do you mean?

NPS and skyvision have KU Band packages for the programming on X4 (the KU side of 99W)

Is there an equivalent service for KU as NPS is for C band?

You will need a used 4dtv with the latest maps, then you can slave it to a motorized DVB system or put up a 90cm or 1.2 meter stationary dish for G-16 Ku-band.

SRL sell most of the programming there.
http://www.programming-center.net/

As mentioned here a few times this is a bit risky if you do not have access to C-band, if channels are changed around or new ones added you will need C-band to update the maps.

Question. If I had subscribed to NPS's absolute digital and half the channels moved to ku channel X4 and I spent the money to upgrade to receive ku then would I still get the channels I paid for or do I have to re-subscribe?

if you paid for them, you wouldnt have to resubscribe. You may need a rehit to get the channels to come in but it should be fine

Thank you. I purchased the DSC621 c/ku LNBF and have it mostly working. I got a re-hit from NPS. Now a new problem. I have the DSR922 4DTV reciever and on X4 the "Quality" seems to vary from channel to channel. I am not getting anything better than a 68 and the channels I really wanted won't come in at all. I have already tuned the satellite to the best position and don't really know how else to bring the quality up enough to pull those other channels in. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Is your dish damaged in any way?
Can a pencil pass through the mesh holes?

If you have c/ku mesh and the dish is in good shape the feed may not be centered or the fd ratio is off or the feed is not postioned well for the polarity's to work good.

When you are on a channel that is coming in on G-16 (X4) leave the quality meter on the screen, have someone go outside and push the dish softly down see what happends then have them push it up, if the quality goes up your dish still needs tuning.

Cannot pass a pencil thru the mesh.

We did go out and move the dish up and down and sideways while watching the quality and 68 was the best I could get. I wonder if the channels I am trying to get are HD. I don't have the HDD200 yet. I was trying to get the "Toon" channel for the kid.

There are "No" DCII HD channels on X4. Do you have the settings in the Menu set for LNBF's or LNB's? It should be set for LNBF's with the BSC621.

Al

Did you try adjusting the fd? those lnbf's do not have markings on them, so you are most probably off, also make sure the feed is in the centre of the dish being off less than an inch can cut down signal a lot.

68 is still low, I am pretty sure the feed is not set up good, you should get 99 quality on that satellite.

Also did you get the quality up when you pushed on the dish? this means you are off on alignment, you could be getting 99 quality on C-band but nothing on Ku-band, the dish must be tuned well to bring in the Ku-band.

This page should help you with the fd setting and a polar axis adjustment:
http://www.geo-orbit.org/sizepgs/tuningp4.html#anchor879461

Make sure to mark the mount before you make any adjustments, if you lose everything just set it back to where it was and try again.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Subforum to post manuals? (Thoughts please)

NCAA Hockey

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)