Status
Please reply by conversation.

tds04

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 16, 2006
keswick, ontario
2-1-10
NPS will no longer be selling annual subscriptions to the C-Band Programming services that we offer due to the uncertain future availabilty of subscription channels we sell. We will continue to offer 1 month, 3 month, 6 month services.

Wow the end is near for Paid 4DTV channels...

The Scoop!

NPS made a business decision to cut back there subscriptions to 1mo, 3mo, & 6mo only. NPS has been loosing subscribers right along to SRL. SRL is not removing annual subscriptions. NPS has ticked off there customer base for a while now with not delivering on promises, and raising costs too high. This is now backfiring on them.

Nothing has changed as far as C band programming except NPS's decision to do away with yearly subscriptions. While NPS is loosing subs SRL is gaining. The sky is not falling, consumers are just changing providers because of NPS's screwups.

Please do not let this change allow all kind of rumors to start that c band subscription is dead because it isn't.

Last edited:
NPS made a business decision to cut back there subscriptions to 1mo, 3mo, & 6mo only. NPS has been loosing subscribers right along to SRL. SRL is not removing annual subscriptions. NPS has ticked off there customer base for a while now with not delivering on promises, and raising costs too high. This is now backfiring on them.

Nothing has changed as far as C band programming except NPS's decision to do away with yearly subscriptions. While NPS is loosing subs SRL is gaining. The sky is not falling, consumers are just changing providers because of NPS's screwups.

Please do not let this change allow all kind of rumors to start that c band subscription is dead because it isn't.

That's good to hear except that the competition is going away.

People vote with their checkbooks. NPS, from the posts I've seen had it comming.

You can't screw people around over and over and expect them to keep taking it. It's sad NPS made bad business decisions, they have been around for a long time. NPS needs to look long and hard at there actions if they expect to hang in there.

On the flip side if Skyvision and SRL end up with all the subs it may be a good playing card for them to bargain with for us to the programmers :)

nps wouldnt hit a reciever north of the border for me. ware i come from money talks especially when i have a us adress. my last monthly sub was 90+ us dollars and i got it from another provider. i would never sub to pizza pan meals as long as i live now that i am a 4dtv'er. i only hope i can get a 922 north of the border. haha. how do i get the c3 disovery / history channels is now my only question.

crackt out,.

well i will sub my 4DTV till the end

The end isn't tomorrow as some pizza lovers would like. Someday pizza will be killed by fiber so they will have an end too. At least with our C band and ku setups we can always get something. What good will those submini pizza pans be good for when they go dark. :eureka Ahh.... I know baking pizza :D

The end isn't tomorrow as some pizza lovers would like. Someday pizza will be killed by fiber so they will have an end too. At least with our C band and ku setups we can always get something. What good will those submini pizza pans be good for when they go dark. :eureka Ahh.... I know baking pizza :D

They make real good bird baths just add a couple rocks and water and maybe even a fountain for them.

My slimline dish bigger then a pizza sized dish will cover that shameful 4DTV receiver (to keep the dust off it for zero use).. LOL

I lost my patience with NPS a few years ago when they sold me a defective new 922 while they were still being made. It took so long to straighten out, I ended up using a DSR410 system while waiting to get my replacement.

I moved to SRL and have been very pleased with their packages and service. I'll keep my 905 and 922 subbed until the end.

Approx. how many 4DTV subscribers still exist?

I would love to see a new model DC II satellite receiver come out the size of a current DVB satellite receiver with updated graphics and features.

Approx. how many 4DTV subscribers still exist?

I would love to see a new model DC II satellite receiver come out the size of a current DVB satellite receiver with updated graphics and features.

:info Nps said not long ago they have over 20,000 subs, SRL has the same or maybe more now. Last I heard NPS has 50% of the market share. As a guesstimate I would say around 45K give or take.

:info Nps said not long ago they have over 20,000 subs, SRL has the same or maybe more now. Last I heard NPS has 50% of the market share. As a guesstimate I would say around 45K give or take.

You can add one more to the numbers. I broke down today and ordered the Pick Ten from SRL. There are only three channels I want. But I decided to try it anyway. ;)

You can add one more to the numbers. I broke down today and ordered the Pick Ten from SRL. There are only three channels I want. But I decided to try it anyway. ;)

Most of my NPS runs out in a few months. I've been looking at the pick 10 pack myself. NPS is getting flaky lately, SRL seems to have there act together. Time to switch I think.

The "Pick 10" looks like a very good package. However, I wouldn't pick ALN as one of my choices, because you would receive it free once the package becomes authorized.

I've said, "Sorry Charlie" at the end of 2000! :up

Now I am a "No Programming Service" former customer, one of many! :D

It was like history repeating itself! It seemed like I left the same company twice for the same reasons! Poor customer service and steep price increases! :eek:

Are these two the same company???... :rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts