NPS Subscribers

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yah I just got that email too
I wonder if we get something else instead or a rebate or somethin.
I don't watch Bio too much but I do watch History I

Just got off the phone with NPS
We are just "out"
They are not in negotiations or anything, both Bio and HistI are gone forever.
No rebate and nothing in place of. We are just "out"

Makes you feel a bit screwed

hmmm. I sub thru SRL also, might have to give em a call and see if it impacts us too

thanks for the heads-up. History Intl is one I watch all the time

edit: Katy at SRL said she had heard nothing about this. She is going to check into it and contact me back. Might be strictly NPS

I don't sub to them but they are there. This must be an NPS only thing I just called SRL and all is fine on there end. Looks like NPS is starting to screw up bigtime :( Mike better get on the ball!

Yes, Mike better get on the ball. I will definitely be holding my breath. What do I have to loose. :D

Inside story

Here's the inside scoop. Hist Int and Bio raised the prices of there channels. NPS refused to pay the increase so they pulled the plug on NPS. SRL was unaffected since they payed the increase.

I wonder how much of an increase they were looking for, and if the consumers would be willing to pay the amount.

Sounds Like NPS is trying to use Charlie Ergen tactics where he simply removes channels from the lineup until he gets a deal that he likes. NPS with less than 1% the number of subscribers that Dishnet has really hasn't got much bargaining strength. Pulling the plug on those channels has really only hurt the few people who are still subscribing through C-Band.

If the channels went up by a dollar or two a month, people might still be willing to pay.

Sounds Like NPS is trying to use Charlie Ergen tactics where he simply removes channels from the lineup until he gets a deal that he likes. NPS with less than 1% the number of subscribers that Dishnet has really hasn't got much bargaining strength. Pulling the plug on those channels has really only hurt the few people who are still subscribing through C-Band.

NPS has learned well from Charlie except that to be competitive you have to keep up with the newest technology. ie HD

If the channels went up by a dollar or two a month, people might still be willing to pay.

That would depend on how often you watched the programming. I'm kinda regretting subscribing to the SyFy channel because there has only been 1 program that I've been interested in since subscribing.

Years ago Sci Fi was good, now I wouldn't want the new SyFy. The name of the game is this. Try out channels a month or 3 months at a time if you like them keep them if not let them go. I always say if a sub runs out and I don't miss the channel I never watched it. That's why I hate big packages.

Yep. I checked SRL's website. Their prices went up (on the packages I checked) by about $1.50 or so.. discovery 4 pak went up like 50 cents.. pick 10 pak went up maybe 75 cents

I was too young to understand anything about the BUD craze back in the 80s and 90s. I got into FTA a few years ago, I'm a tech geek by heart and this hobby fits me well. I do understand years ago pretty much everything was Ala Carte, and recently it's started become about the packages. The whole "package" theory is what is wrong with the cable industry as it is, and the general public subscribes to it because no company wants to provide an alternative. I think it's possible C-band could make a comeback if a) 4DTV would come out with a new affordable receiver that does HDTV and b) they'd do Ala Carte pricing again. I know most people I talk to complain about ridiculous prices and crappy picture quality and are desperate to try something else.

on packages
whlie i hate to pay for the ones i never watch, like most of them, that don't have a ball or a puck. and of course guys punching each other.
households i know of everyone in the house wants their own box and tv so they can watch THEIR shows that no one else in the house wants to watch. so if we all had 6-8 children all those channels would get watched LOL.

on Digicipher subs
does anyone know how many are left ?
is this the slowest death of a what was once cutting edge technology ?
such as
B&W TVs
8 Tracks
Quadraphonic Audio ___________still got mine
Cassettes___________________still got some a dual & 3head decks
Records ___________________ still got mine
VCR'S ___________________still got mine
Mini DISC'S ___________________still got mine
DAT
CRT TV's___________________still got mine
DAT
Analog TV Broadcasts
Web TV
transistor radios
Cyclamate the best artificial sweetener ever miss my Tab
The Ayds Diet Pill __________google that young folks
Phosphates
DDT
and many tImes the Picture/Audio Phone
why because it take obscene phone calls to a whole new level.
Corvairs
Pinto'

Yep. I checked SRL's website. Their prices went up (on the packages I checked) by about $1.50 or so.. discovery 4 pak went up like 50 cents.. pick 10 pak went up maybe 75 cents

I spoke with SRL yesterday since Im fed up with NPS. They told me they just had there yearly price increase. Gee I remember when Bud prices stayed the same for years. What the heck has happened :confused:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)