NPS uplinking fee

Status
Please reply by conversation.

roho

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 20, 2009
western nc
Just wondering why there is an uplinking fee tacked onto the end of the bill? Called NPS CS and got a huge ration of left-over bs about why it's there. Just seems to me that a one time uplinking fee is all that should be paid since i am already uplinked..can understand if the sub expired and then another fee to uplink.
SRS says they don't chrg one.
Can some of yall old hands shed any light on this?

I think that was when they worked out some agreement to "re-uplink" some channels from Galaxy 5, when they were going to go away totally, leaving 4DTV people without. Seems like it was the Turner stuff, but I don't have 4DTV so I wouldn't swear those were the channels. NPS reuplinks them to another sat (G3?).......in lousy quality I have read.

The NPS uplinking fee is to cover the costs to reuplink the poor quality NPS pictures on G3. I think that only people who subscribe to those channels should pay that but NPS thinks everyone should. Just another way to make a buck. We live in the hidden fee, bait and switch world :(

Yeah tnx Turbo & TVPro.. you are right abt that and the pp pic quality of G3. Me bitch was having to re-up every time the next billing statement comes thru.. i don't have a problem with any amt of ul-fee, just seems like it should be a one time thing. I run a small service business here dealing with the public, i wouldn't last long by charging a service call on to every bill..be good $$ but not very ethical imho.
Anyway tnx to all yall, it's always good to know someone else is helping you paddle the boat.

They should charge a fee, BUT they should use that money to work out a deal to map in the ORIGINAL channels, at their master locations. Then they'd have something worth paying for! :rant:

They should charge a fee, BUT they should use that money to work out a deal to map in the ORIGINAL channels, at their master locations. Then they'd have something worth paying for! :rant:

You hit it right on the head. If a service is available as a first generation master we should get those. If I had the say so in NPS's decisions I would say get the masters first. Then if something is in PowerVu, Megapipe, etc re-up them but use a good SR/FEC and a decent amount of bandwidth for each channel. If they did that I would bet that NPS would have quite a few more subscribers and cashflow coming in which in turn could possibly be used to get a modified Starchoice receiver for us.

But in reality the head honcho's at NPS are cheating the little guy then taking the money and lining there pockets instead of investing it where it should be. There all probably living in mansions with 3 BMW's in the driveway. :(

Well regardless of all the minus' associated with the providers, no matter who the are, they are still good ole USA company's.. where we can call cs and get someone speaking english. Another thing as some of you already know there are various factions operating that would like to see C-band subs wiped off the spectrum. We would be in a helluva shape if they all decided to just plug the plug. Anyway, tnx for listening.. Roho

Although I haven't used NPS in the last year and half, I did previously. I remember when the fees came about. I would rather the providers just bury these charges in the price. I hate the feeling of being nickel and dimed.

In the end the differing package pricing seems to average out between providers and it comes down to content and picture quality.

For me I just want the flexibility of choosing the channels I want and not 20 others that I'll never watch to get that one. That's one thing 4DTV has going for it.

Exactly! or spend some of the revenue on a decent encoder assy...........

Its a total BS fee that only the users of the reuplinked channels should pay. NPS has also started charging a reconnect fee if you have a gap in your service.

I have left NPS for good. Cheaper elsewhere after all their add on fees.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts