NRB Network Now on Sky Angel

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JeffH

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 6, 2004
Good news!
NRB Network is now on Sky Angel channel 126

NRB stands for National Religious Broadcasters. They are an organization that upholds a more historical sound Biblical doctrine and integrity among it's members. You will find less Word Faith or Health and Wealth teachers associated with this organization though I think a few have snuck in through the back door.

Side note: I always find it amazing that non-christians can see through the faith healers & false teachers but many "believers" are led astray by them.

Also, the NRB TV Network is the only "religious" network that John MacArthur will air his program because most of the other networks will air anyone if they have the money and rarely refuse anyone who may teach false doctrine or heresy.

I currently have Directv's Family package and I may now switch to Sky Angel IPTV since they have added the NRB channel. I'm just wondering how do you block the heretical channels like GOD TV?

You will also find RC Sproul, Ravi Zacharias, Todd Friel's Wretched and even the Skit Guys. There are a couple of programs that I wish they wouldn't air but nothing too far from historical Biblical teaching.

dcbag, I hope this answers your question.

I just wonder how Sky Angel is going to handle the faith channels moving to HD. I had a life time membership which they dropped and I wasn't going to spend any money for equipment that would not handle HD. I like watching NBR on Direct and the reason I went with Direct over Dish (whoese equipment I already had as a Sky angel member) was because of that channel. I have the fast comcast internet and I have noticed some buffering issues with the streaming media that I view -including the free VOD on Direct. The uptime on my Satellite is a lot greater than my internet.

If you have Comcast high speed internet, you should be receiving an average of 6 mbs. Go to speedtest.net and check. I don't know what DTV requires for their VOD, but I never have any major buffering with my SA and I have Comcast. The one time I did, I found someone had clipped the exterior of the High Speed line outside and water got into the cable. It drove me down to around 1.5mbs. Check and see if that could have happened. Also make sure your router has at least Wep key enabled. If you live in a apartment or your homes are close together, you could have someone tapping off of you. You may also have others in your home downloading files while you are watching if you have a wireless set up.

As far as HD. TBN is the only one that claims to have an HD channel. The problem is most smaller ministries cannot afford HD cameras, so any Chrisitan HD channel will be basically a hybrid. The format of a preaching show tends not to lend itself to HD and SD should be sufficient.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts