NSS 806 - Duna World

Status
Please reply by conversation.

franksz

Original poster
Jan 7, 2009
Toronto Canada
Hi,

Duna World was on transponder 22A at 3803 27500 Left polarization. It recently moved to transponder 12A at 3803 26860 Right polarization.

I was able to pick up the signal fine on my 6 foot solid dish here in Toronto Canada (Fortec with a BS621-2 lnb) but since the switch to the new settings I can't get a signal for the transponder at the new settings. Would the signal be that much weaker on the new transponder and I would need a bigger dish (8 foot).

Is anyone able to pick up the channel. If so can you provide the size of your dish and your lnb.

Thanks

Using a 6 ft dish on 806 will not work any more lots of those transponder got very weaker lately, i am having a hart time receiving some transponder with a 71/2 dish using the International feedhorne.

i think the way it works is the lower FEC rate the easier it is to receive the higher the harder , maybe fine tuning the dish will allow you to gain reception

THanks for the replies.

The signal is 90 and quality 73 on a lot of the transponders. I don't believe that it can get much better with a 6 foot dish but I will try. If not an 8 foot dish will give me more signal so perhaps I'll have to go that route. and see what I get.

With a higher FEC, you need higher quality for a lock. For example, a FEC of 3/4 might lock at 35-40Q, whereas a FEC of 7/8 might require greater than 70. Those high FEC TPs require very large dishes to get a reliable lock.

Thanks. For that transponder I'm not getting enough signal or quality. On the receiver it shows a signal of 45 and quality of 10, so essentially no real signal or quality. The receiver I have is an Openbox S10. I'm wondering if the receiver has an issue with the FEC decoding of 7/8.

ERT World at 3630 L 3333 has a strong signal, let us know the signal and quality you are getting at that transponder with the 6 footer.

Duna tv is breaking up, signal 85 Quality 40 - 53 with Openbox S10, Unimash 71/2 dish.

ERT World on 3630 H 3333 signal 90 Quality 49-56 playing fine.

a 7/8 FEC is VERY hard to lock. Not much error correction data to work with, only 1 in every 8. FEC of 3/4 is 1 in every 4.

Could you explain a little bit more about the FEC 3/4, FEC 7/8 means?
or redirect to me any link
thanks in advance

Could you explain a little bit more about the FEC 3/4, FEC 7/8 means?
or redirect to me any link
thanks in advance

Uplinkers embed error correction data in the stream so that the picture isn't lost or corrupted if there is a minor disruption, weak reception, etc. Error correcting data is used to "fill in the blanks" where data is missing due to weak or broken reception. The more error correcting data you have, the easier it is to keep a lock with a clean digital picture. The amount of error correcting data in a stream is expressed as a ratio known as Forward Error Correction, or FEC. The receiver generally auto-detects the FEC rate when it tunes a transponder, so you don't have to set this.

Basically, a 3/4 FEC means that for every 4 "bits" of data in the stream, 3 are audio/video data and 1 is error correcting data. A 5/6 FEC means that out of 6 bits, 5 are A/V data and 1 is error correcting data. 7/8 FEC means that there is 1 bit of error correcting data for every 7 bits of A/V data. So a 3/4 FEC has twice the error correction data of a 7/8 FEC (2 in every 8 bits)...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)