NSS7 coverage on KU Band for East coast of USA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DZ-Power

Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
MA, USA
Hi,

I currently have an FTA and I have all the FTA channels from Galaxy19 @ 97 W and I was wondering if I could get reception from NSS7 in KU Band @ 22 West as it has some of the Channels I wanted to be able to see
Is that possible?? From what I heard 22W is way below the horizon to get a signal.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

Arnold.

DZ-P, I entered Springfield MA in dishpointer.com, and it shows 22W to be approximately 20 degrees above the horizon. If you don't have anything blocking your line-of-sight (trees, buildings, hills, etc.), you should be able to see 22W from anywhere in Mass.

If you go by Lyngsat, it doesn't look like any of the permanent channels on NSS7 are aimed at North America.

I have a feeling that it's not possible to get any of the channel from NSS7 aimed to the USA.
Welll I will keep my finger crossed.

Its, possible I see some from here in southwest Ohio. Usually News and some US Military backhaul feeds for the pentagon channel. The are from 12.00 t0 12.200 horz.

Are you able to see 12673 H tp 12??? I'm tryint to find out if I can get all of the Algerian's TV on that satelitte
Would it be possible for you to do a scan?

I tried NSS7 KU this AM

I drove over to NSS7 (22W) this morning and did a detailed scan on the KU side - - I could find nothing at all.

This satellite mostly points toward Europe. (See link below)

NSS 7 at 22.0°W - LyngSat Maps

I think sometimes I have found some Army stuff on this satellite but nothing today. BTW, I have a standard LNB Frequency of 10750 thus any of the lower freq stuff I cannot get.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)