Number of PVR's.....

vicoc

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 27, 2004
hi,

i have two PVR's, 501 & 522. next month i'm upgrading my tv to HD and i would like to get a 921. i was told that dish would not allow more than 4 tuner per/house. is this true? if so would i be able to add a 921 to my setup? cuz with a 921 it would be 5 sat connections.

thanks

vicoc said:
hi,

i have two PVR's, 501 & 522. next month i'm upgrading my tv to HD and i would like to get a 921. i was told that dish would not allow more than 4 tuner per/house. is this true? if so would i be able to add a 921 to my setup? cuz with a 921 it would be 5 sat connections.

thanks

The limit is 6 RECEIVERS. A dual-tuner receiver would still count as just one receiver.

I have 5 receivers (including 4 PVRs) active. I've heard 6 receivers is the stated maximum, although they will make exceptions in certain cases (I'm guessing that long time existing customers will have an easier time)

BobMurdoch said:
I have 5 receivers (including 4 PVRs) active. I've heard 6 receivers is the stated maximum, although they will make exceptions in certain cases (I'm guessing that long time existing customers will have an easier time)

I think DISH is pretty strict with that rule. The assumption would be that if you need 7 or more receivers, they probably aren't all at the same location.

I heard it was 6 TUNERS not 6 RECEIVERS.... could we get some hard facts on this for people who need to know (im not included but curious)

6 receivers is what I was told by E*. It is possible to get more, you need to call the audit team to get this done, but consists of a $100 fee where they come out to your house and check on all boxes. Then they charge for whatever switches, etc, you may need.

I have been hearing both. I heard Scott say a while back that a dual tuner reciever only counts as one reciever but heard others say that they count as two. I would also like to know the cold hard facts on this. I could ask retail services today.

I currently have 7 tuners activated on one account, so its certainly allowed. I have two 921's, one 721 and one 811.

There is a difference between the recievers with one tv output and the ones with two tv outputs. The 721 and 921 only have one tv output but two tuners. The 322, 522, 625, and 942 have two tuners with two tv outputs.

A 921 is "a" receiver. It's not two receivers. It has two tuners, but as [mostly] confirmed above, they really just cound receivers, not individual tuners.

The software DISH uses is the limitation a receiver has 1 R00 and S00 numbers wether it is a dual tuner or not. DHA is limited to 4 TUNERS it can be four receivers or two dual tuner receivers or a combination.