Number of Tuners

Rdeejr

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Santa Fe
Tech just installed Hopper 3. If H3 has 16 tuners and one is used for PTAT then that would mean 19 shows can be recorded at once? 15 + 4 on PTAT.

Is this correct?

Tech just installed Hopper 3. If H3 has 16 tuners and one is used for PTAT then that would mean 19 shows can be recorded at once? 15 + 4 on PTAT.

Is this correct?

Add an OTA tuner and it's 20. :)

Its 16 tuners plus PTAT. If you have OTA, then one more. I think it was posted in the Hopper review thread, but I believe the total can be 20.

Nice problem to have , if you really had that many programs that were running simultaneously, worth watching.

Sunday's the tough night - 60 Minutes, Walking/Talking Dead soon, Game of Thrones soon, Good Wife, Madam Secretary, Downton Abbey, Mercy Street, Last Week Tonight... Lots of jugging, even with an OTA

Reactions: MikeD-C05
For me it's not about recording 20 shows at once. It's about no more conflicts. Set timer and let it rip.
I guess I never thought about this perk. It would be nice to never have to worry about conflict screens and resolving them all the time. I have had to do it so often that I set my timers up in order that would cause the least amount of conflicts. Luckily most of my wife's shows are repeated again later in the night , so her show timers are last in order and it catches the later times.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I guess I never thought about this perk. It would be nice to never have to worry about conflict screens and resolving them all the time. I have had to do it so often that I set my timers up in order that would cause the least amount of conflicts. Luckily most of my wife's shows are repeated again later in the night , so her show timers are last in order and it catches the later times.

Yep, I hear ya. I have a lot of conflict issues mostly because I have added 10 minutes end late time to most timers. My wife gets pretty upset when the recording end gets cut off because of the guide and prgrams not ending at correct time. I can't wait for when the new DPH42 switch comes out so I can change over to the Hopper 3.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Yep, I hear ya. I have a lot of conflict issues mostly because I have added 10 minutes end late time to most timers. My wife gets pretty upset when the recording end gets cut off because of the guide and prgrams not ending at correct time. I can't wait for when the new DPH42 switch comes out so I can change over to the Hopper 3.

Charles, Why are you waiting for the DPH42 switch before you can change over to the H3? Is it because you want 2 Hopper 3's?

Reactions: charlesrshell
Charles, Why are you waiting for the DPH42 switch before you can change over to the H3? Is it because you want 2 Hopper 3's?

Because I think my 1000+ dish is the better dish, hardly have any rain fades. This 1000+ Western Arc dish also includes the International 118.7 bird, why should I have to mount a wing dish. There isn't a new hybrid DPH LNB for the 1000+. Apparently DISH wanted to get this Hopper 3 out quick so the new Hybrid LNBs were manufactured based on the most common installs. If my 1000+ dish had the new hybrid LNB I probably would switch to the new Hopper 3 and then wait for the new DPH42 switch for a second Hopper 3. So, got to be patient and wait on the new switch so I can keep my 1000+ dish and have a second Hopper 3 too. Here is what Vivek Khemka said: Available towards the end of this year. We will have a new switch DPH42 – that will support using your existing 1000+ DISH and existing LNB and will also allow you to have more than one Hopper 3. So you will not require a 2nd DISH, will not have to change your current LNB and you can have multiple Hopper3’s. Since this part is still under development, I do not have a more specific date than Q4-2016 at this time.

Last edited: