NVIDIA Shield Expands 4K Offerings

Ordered one of these, the 2017 model. Everything I've read this is the best streamer out there with the powerful Tegra X1 processor and they do continuous software updates. I got the gamepad and remote with my unit.

Any news on whether or not DolbyVision support is forthcoming?

I expect that DV will be marginalized by HLG so it probably doesn't matter but until that happens...

In case anyone is interested, we've decided to standardize on the 2019 Shield in my house. I have tubes in the kitchen, bedroom, and workout room. I am going to get a Pro for the Living Room next month, after my BestBuy rewards show up. That is the only location where I am likely to game. We will still have FS4K devices on all the TVs as a backup, as well as a Roku and an ATV4K in the living room since we already own them. We dislike the new Amazon FireTV UI (Ads! Ads! Ads!), feel like Roku has gone downhill in general (even though their market share is exploding at the moment), and don't want to have to deal with the IR or expensive Harmony requirements to have an easy to use (for us) ATV4K remote. With AppleTV+ coming to Android TV this year, we feel like the Shield is going to be our best bet going forward.

Anyway, there you have it.

Reactions: Foxbat
Just an update on this. After half a year or so, we decided to switch to AppleTV. It isn't so much that the ATV4k is much better than the Shield but my wife just found it easier to operate, which she had to do periodically to successfully watch content on HBOmax, Paramount+, and AppleTV+, all of which have had playback issues on AndroidTV recently. Yes, AppleTV can easily suffer the same problems at any time, but it is easier for my wife to remember how to deal with them on the AppleTV for whatever reason. I was able to sell the Shields at a reasonable price here on SatelliteGuys and get a couple of ATV4Ks significantly discounted with price matching and bonus rewards at BestBuy, so we aren't out too much extra money as a result. We already had 2 ATV4Ks.

Reactions: KAB and HipKat
Yeh, I would like to buy another AppleTV4K even though I really don't need one,

Dumped and or relegated all FTV devices to back up devices.

We are an All Apple TV 4K house now. No looking back. Hands down the most intuitive and smooth streamer of all of them. Well worth the $$.

Dumped and or relegated all FTV devices to back up devices.

We are an All Apple TV 4K house now. No looking back. Hands down the most intuitive and smooth streamer of all of them. Well worth the $$.
Yes, the 10 second skip is worth every penny!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts