NXT rookies invading RAW

The official WWE website has "issued a statement" from the new General Manager of Raw concerning the Rookies of NXT Season 1 at the end of Raw last night. Below is the "statement":

"These actions will be met with appropriate consequences".

For those wondering, the statement was sent out via email.

The big talk backstage at the WWE house show at Madison Square Garden on Saturday night was the fact that none of the talent knew where WWE Chairman Vince McMahon was. Smackdown Lead Writer Michael Hayes and Talent Relations Exec John Laurinaitis were very visible and very hands-on, but McMahon was nowhere to be seen. This is surprising since the McMahon's usually attend most of the Garden house shows, since so many corporate sponsors and advertisers come to the Garden shows. Being that it is Father's Day weekend, it's especially surprising, due to the family legacy of the McMahon's at the Garden being involved.

Randy Orton was openly joking "he's up in the VIP boxes, so mind your P's and Q's" to all the talent. Some talent thought Orton was going to get heat from Laurinaitis and Hayes for joking so openly about McMahon watching down on everyone, especially since he took delight in ribbing the NXT guys about it, but it was all taken in jest, as Orton was in a very good mood backstage and has become a strong locker room leader.

WHO DO YOU THINK IS THE NEW GENERAL MANGER OF RAW?WHO IS THE LEADER OF NEXUS?PLEASE REPLY TO ANY IDEAS YOU MAY THINK IT IS

Monday night sucked...plain and simple. I ended up watching more of "operation repo" and "all worked up" than RAW

First off....why does it take the rookies 5 minutes to attack Vince?
Second...that dude who does the 450 splash.....12 seconds from the time you get up there until you start the move? lame
Third...so they attack Vince. So fire all of them then. Hell you're Vince. You can do what ya want
Fourth.....why even have a contest to award one contract when they all get one? Like the Diva Search or Tough Enough...How many of them are in the WWE now??

This whole "invasion went down hill in a hurry....."

The "mysterious GM" is HHH...bank on it

Monday night sucked...plain and simple. I ended up watching more of "operation repo" and "all worked up" than RAW

Second...that dude who does the 450 splash.....12 seconds from the time you get up there until you start the move? lame
Third...so they attack Vince. So fire all of them then. Hell you're Vince. You can do what ya want
Fourth.....why even have a contest to award one contract when they all get one? Like the Diva Search or Tough Enough...How many of them are in the WWE now??

Yea Ice, they had a good thing started, but they botchhed it up, The whole segment with Vince was lame, kind of like who goes first. The NWO, I mean NXT angle has lost its steam

thats what everyones thinking its hhh ,jericho.cole or jim ross but hopefully they pull a shock.some people have said its the rock and the rock did say earlier this year hes been talking to vince on doing something over the summer with wwe.but doubt it would be the rock but would be great if it was since cenas the one getting attacked all the time by nexus and cenas been running his mouth about wanting to wrestle the rock.

What Really Got Daniel Bryan Fired from WWE?
Posted by Marc Middleton on June 24, 2010 at 2:04 AM • Comments (2)
- While the tie incident with Justin Roberts is said to be the reason Vince McMahon gave to Bryan Danielson for his WWE release, some in the company believe that Danielson spitting on John Cena may have been the real reason. Vince hates spitting and has banned it in WWE’s rings for a long time. Vince has a hatred for people spitting, smoking and sneezing. At the same time, it’s pretty much guaranteed that Danielson didn’t spit on Cena without clearing the move with Cena himself ahead of time.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

NoDQ.com > WWE > Batista's WWE Departure Update, WWE Creative News
Posted by Steve Carrier on 06/24/2010 at 11:11 AM- Even more than usual, WWE's booking lately has been done on the fly with no real long-term direction. Internally, there has been louder second-guessing of that direction, more than usual also. - One of the reasons Batista's relationship went south with WWE is because he had a four-picture agreement with David DeFalco, the guy who directed Wrong Side of Town with Batista and RVD, and was given the OK by John Laurinaitis to take time off to film the movies. When Laurinaitis told Vince McMahon, Vince said he couldn't take time off as long as he was under a contract. Batista's talks with Strikeforce have been going on but it's said that they can't agree on money. TMZ noted yesterday that Batista has lots of movie and TV offers. They also noted that people in his camp weren't happy when Booker T said he wouldn't do good in MMA and that Bobby Lashley could beat him.

Huge SmackDown Taping Planned for AtlantaPosted by Steve Carrier on 06/24/2010 at 03:23 AM- Main events announced for the July 6th SmackDown tapings in Atlanta include the NXT 1 Rookies vs. John Cena, Chris Jericho, Edge, Randy Orton, John Morrison and R-Truth, with possibly Sheamus added to the match. SmackDown's Main event is scheduled to be Kane vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Jack Swagger vs. Big Show for the World Title. The top stars from RAW have been told they will be used at the tapings that night. It's possible WWE is beefing up the tapings that night because it's in Atlanta, the home of WrestleMania 27.

It's HHH..

They had that limo parked and in the background there was a truck with the Game..

could be but there syaing hes going to come back in time to save raw and they could of had that limo there to throw us off and make us think that

REPORT FROM BRYAN DANIELSON'S RETURN TO ACTION FOR CHIKARA, INCLUDING WHAT FANS SHOWERED HIM WITH DURING HIS ENTRANCE
By Buck Woodward on 2010-06-27 16:20:28
Thanks to Chris from Down River for the following:

I attended the Chikara show in Taylor, MI last night. The announcer was really hard to understand so I missed a lot of the names for the Chikara guys. After the show my girlfriend looked at me and said "that was better than the crap we watch on TV" and I have to agree.

Bryan Danielson wrestles right after intermission and had a hard hitting match with Eddie Kingston. They kept it pretty mat based with some strong style moments but a very low risk bout that ended with Danielson winning with a roll up after Claudio came out to distract Eddie.

At first the music for Danielson was a spoof of the NXT song but quickly changed to 'Final Countdown'. Not a single person was sitting (they had to add about 100-120 chairs as about 300-350 people showed up) as Danielson looked to be truly moved. Then as he hit the ring about 100 ties flew through air like streamers just engulfing the ring. You could tell this reaction and the rain of ties really got to Danielson.

After the match Kingston called Danielson 'one of the best, not just in the indies but in all of wrestling'. Then Danielson got on the mic and said he couldn't really comment on the release but for his first night back this was perfect. He said he doesn't know how his life or career will go but while he is here he wants to bring more attention to Indy wrestling. He then went on a "this is PG" rant about hard mat wrestling and people busting their humps in these rings. He then said Chikara does 'PG wrestling' better than anyone. Finally, before he left he said after the show he would sign and meet anyone in the back.

Right after the show, he did meet everyone. He had the "Violent" T-shirt for sale and photos but you didn't need to buy a thing. He signed tons of ties including a Vince McMahon tie. He took photos with everyone. I was one of the last in line because half the crowd got up during the finish of the main event to get in line (kind of disrespectful to 8 really good wrestlers who put on a great main). Even being maybe the 200th person he met that night he was one of the nicest people I have ever met. He joked with my girlfriend and took photos with us. Just a class act all around and we need more people like Bryan Danielson in the world just in general and not just pro wrestling.

Side note: Tim Donst vs. Frightmare was match of the night. Both told an amazing story and when Tim wouldn't break a hold the ref counted him and when he released he said "I've got five ref" which was instant heat from the crowd. To set up Donst vs. Danielson in Cleveland today they had Tim use a tie to choke out Frightmare and the hide the tie in a sleeper hold until Frightmare passed out and the ref did the three arm drop. Really, Really good stuff.

WWE News: What happened after WWE Raw went off the air when The Nexus interfered in a Sheamus vs. John Cena match?
Jun 28, 2010 - 10:24 PM
Dot Net reader Rob Schumacher attended the WWE Raw show on Monday in Philadelphia, Pa. and passed along the following report on the post-show dark match.
1. Sheamus vs. John Cena or the WWE Championship concluded in an apparent no-contest when The Nexus interfered. Sheamus called out Cena and said Cena would not make it to the Money in the Bank pay-per-view. The crowd popped huge for Cena. Sheamus attacked him before bell and then went for multiple covers.
Five minutes in, Cena was taking a beating and had not even gotten to throw off his shirt. Cena beat a countout at nine (shocking). The shirt came off.....yeah. Shoulder block, shoulder block, five knuckle shuffle. Sheamus reversed and Attitude Adjustment attempt.
Cena had the STF locked in when the Nexus came out to interfere. The entire Raw locker room led by Randy Orton
?chased them out. Cena's music played and then he and Orton posed to close the show

LAME show tonight

pathetic...thank god I was at the Twins game. I watched Raw in like 15 minutes tonight

oh and Wade Barrett has visa issues...that why he wasnt there tonight...both he and McIntyre legit have visa issues

Drew McIntyre and Wade Barrett have been pulled from WWE television as their current work visas have expired and they are no longer eligible to work within the United States. In the case of Barrett, he has returned to Great Britain while he awaits a new visa to be cleared. I believe McIntyre is still in the United States, but not sure.

From speaking to people within the company today, it appears there's no timetable for when Barrett and McIntyre will return.

now that I watched a little more of it the Nexus (I guess thats what they're called now) is getting old...quick

so in the last two weeks they beat up
64 year old Vince McMahon
6 veterans who havent wrestled in a few years...Malenko, Arn Anderson, Lawler, Steamboat, Michael Hayes and IRS

boy yeah you're a bunch of bad asses... :rolleyes:

oh and the whole anonymous GM with the 1996 AOL "mail" ding when he wants to speak and the podium.....uh good lord. Thank god Operation Repo and All Worked Up are on during that time...now I got something new to watch :)

MITB update: When will the winners cash in?
Posted by Roscoe De Soto on 06/29/2010 at 11:09 AM

Credit: F4WOnline.com

According to Bryan Alvarez, the idea in WWE right now is to have one of the two Money in the Bank winners cash it before Summerslam. That way, the focus will be on just one person with the briefcase teasing that he is going to cash it in.

Alvarez also speculates that he wouldn't be surprised if Drew McIntyre returned, won the MITB match, and cashed it in right away.

WWE News: Nexus leader Wade Barrett and Smackdown wrestler Drew McIntyre out indefinitely due to work visa issues Jun 29, 2010 - 09:10 AM Dot Net sources have confirmed online reports that Wade Barrett missed Monday's show because his work visa has expired. Likewise, WWE Smackdown wrestler Drew McIntyre is also facing a similar work visa issue. Both wrestlers are sidelined indefinitely. "(This) is a bad oversight that you can't blame legal for as they can do only so much once they're told a visa is set to expire," says one former WWE employee. "It is a key responsibility of Talent Relations to keep tabs on all contracts and particulars pertaining to talent being in good legal standing in any which way."Meanwhile, a second source stated the opinion that it's not a major problem in that Barrett and McIntyre simply had to return home to fill out the necessary paperwork. This source noted that someone from the legal department works with talent relations on these issues.
Powell's POV: The first source noted that similar issues have occurred in the past, but it's typically involved developmental wrestlers so it didn't create as many waves. I'm beginning to wonder if there's an anonymous WWE office worker screwing with The Nexus angle.
Okay, not really, but first Bryan Danielson was fired, and now Barrett is out indefinitely with work visa issues. I guess sometimes truth is stranger than fiction. If the second source's take is accurate, it doesn't sound like either wrestler faces a lengthy absence and this could blow over quickly.

The WWE Network

'National Journal' Makes 'Major' Hire

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)