NXT rookies invading RAW

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Tvfan24/7

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
What did you guys think of the NXT invading RAW angle last night? I thought it was well done and quite surprising. Usually things in the WWE and wrestling in general are pretty predictable, but I don't think anybody would've predicted this. Reminded me of the "Attitude Era" based on the chaos that erupted. In case you missed it, I found two clips on Youtube:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSVQe6Jgga8]YouTube - NXT INVADES RAW - 7 June 2010 (1/2)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3q-myrnJJM]YouTube - NXT INVADES RAW - 7 June 2010 (2/2)[/ame]

these arent the rookies anymore. The NXT "Season" ended last week. There is a new batch starting tonight (including Curt Hennig's son, Mike Rotunda's son and Low Ki)

It was done OK to a point. The whole "trashing everything" including the ring was a little extreme and I think pissed off some people. Yeah trash the outside area but I thought the ring was a little more "sacred" and shouldnt be destroyed

I had to doubletake when I saw Virgil, I.R.S. and Roddy Piper in the ring at the same time ;)

I realize that Iceberg. I should've referred to them as the "Season 1 NXT rookies" or something along those lines. I will remember that for next time, sorry. :)

Anyway, I thought it was pretty well done and it's generating buzz from the public, which WWE hopes can boost their flagship shows ratings up from a 3.0-3.2. As a fan, I'm interested in seeing how this progresses, but feel that many of the guys in the group don't look really credible. A few that stick out are, Michael Tarver, Darren Young & Skip Sheffield. The only people that look like they could make an impact are Wade Barrett and Daniel Bryan. Barrett can be the leader and mouthpiece, while Bryan can be the pure athlete of the group. I especially loved when Bryan spit on Cena and said "You're not Better than Me".

Although it was a little disturbing seeing Bryan choke Justin Roberts out with a tie. Was he raping him (j/k) ? :D I can see your point on the whole "wrestling ring" thing. That might of been pushing it a little. I don't remember the NWO, when they were "taking over" doing that. But I suppose, the WWE writers wanted to make these guys out as badasses "invaders" who don't give a crap about what they do. They probably feel held back and disrepected by everyone in the WWE.

Oh I agree it was done well. Seeing Bryan Danielson say that to Cena was great.

If they do use this "stable" thing with the rookies, have Michael Cole be the ring leader. I know it sounds goofy but remember he had issues with Danielson (Daniel Bryan) and where was he when they trashed the place? ;)

It was one of the best things they've done in years...hope they keep it going instead of killing it like the last "invasion" angle

No it doesn't sound goofy. I could actually see them doing something like that. Most fans dislike Cole, so he'd be a perfect fit.

I agree about it being one of the best things done in years. It did remind me of the '01 "Invasion" angle as well as "NWO '02". I'm not much of a fan of Cena, so it was fun to see "SuperCena" get taken down so bad, that he had to be stretchered out. I also found it funny how they had the whole RAW/Smackdown roster in the building, yet nobody came out to fend off the "NXTWO". But I suppose they wanted to make these guys look like legit contenders.

First thing I thought was Humm...looks like Cole will be part of the faction, intresting we have not had an "invasion" angle in some time. If you are going to invade they did it the right way "attacking" the top star with no one helping.

I do think though the ripping the ring apart was a bit much

Yeah them going after the ring announcer was funny. I think they even went after Howard Finkel (I think that was the guy dressed up and bald) ;)

Attachments

• vlcsnap9065959.jpg
    vlcsnap9065959.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 150
Word is leaking out on some of the wrestling websites that Daniel Bryan has been released, some are saying it may be a work, but others are saying its legit as the choking he gave the ring announcer went to far??

satjay
Its doesnt sound like a work...

"Within WWE, the word has been sent out internally that the Bryan Danielson firing is legitimate"

"Dave Meltzer is now reporting that that Danielson was released for choking out Justin Roberts with his own tie on Raw. It was described as being to violent for WWE TV. This part of the angle was edited off the replays that were shown on other programs. "

and some interesting stuff from FCW taping. Florida Championship Wrestling is where all these guys are normally (developmental territory)

The main event of tonight's FCW TV taping was announced as The Miz and Daniel Bryan vs Christian and Heath Slater. Miz's music played but no one came out. Christian's music from like 2 years ago played, christian came out alone and made fun of the music collection. Christian talked about what happened on raw, a very loud Cena Sucks chant starts. Christian called out Slater and told him to explain it to his face. Slater said how he started off 4 and 0 and everything was great, but he wouldn't give him the answers he wanted anymore and they finished 4th.

Bryan runs in and attacks Christian from behind. Miz runs in afterward and together they fight off the rookies. Miz says lets do pros vs rookies. Christian says you want to make a statement? Statements have consequences, so come in so we can beat the consequences into you. Miz says lets do it because they are the WWE pros, and they are AWESOME. Miz pulls off his shirt and the girls started cheering, Christian grabs miz's shirt, puts it on and takes it off and was disappointed when no girls cheered for him.

Christian and Slater start off. Eventually Miz gets in and is going full babyface. Eventually Bryan gets in who is going full Danielson heel. Yelling best in the world, telling the ref he has till 5, and yelling at Miz "YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE THE PRO!" Lots of smarks cheering for Dragon. Eventually miz and christian have the rookies ready for the finishers at the same time, and oh **** ALL of the season one rookies show up! They get in the ring and beat the **** out of Miz and Christian and start tearing apart the ring again! Bryan kicks Miz's head in and Slater hits the killswitch on christian. The rookies leave the pros in a heap.

somebody with an iphone got video ;)
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xh2WR735h8]YouTube - FCW - Melbourne, FL - 06/09/10 (1/2) Christian calls out Heath Slater.[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRvq3cJOsNA]YouTube - FCW - Melbourne, FL - 06/09/10 (2/2) NXT Season 1 Rookies Invade FCW and Attack Christian & The Miz.[/ame]

Intresting...should make for an intresting Monday night, wow its been a while since I have said that.

Also on the TNA side, big rumor that Paul Heyman is joing "creative", humm wonder how that long that will last will Hogan and Bischoff. If Heyman got full creative control, TNA would make big strides, but that would never happen

you have to remember a few things

-WWE is now TV-PG because....
-Linda McMahon is trying for a seat on Senate

and one other thing....for wrestling fans who read the internet
-Chris Benoit killed his wife the same way (well he used a cord) but he had his knee pressed on her back.

It might be a work with Danielson coming in from the crowd or something like that or working a few Indy shows but he'll be back ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)