NXT rookies invading RAW

all replays of the attack did not show that part (Danielson choking Roberts)...it was edited out on NXT and Smackdown. I didnt see Superstars to see there

Most live events only are usually not delayed. I know from the live feed (on C-Band) and what I could see on USA was about 8-10 seconds but that is due to the uplink/downlink that USA does and I have a DVR.

Its possible the WWE didnt really know exactly what anybody was going to do....or how far they were going to go.

I wonder what they did in Canada. They are delayed 15 minutes on "The Score" but not to censor like it use to be when they were on TSN. TSN would edit when a guy was going to hit a woman or something like that with "random crowd shows from 5 years ago"

The Score per their license can only show X hours of live shows....delaying it 15 minutes gets around that part of the license

This will be intresting, I am watching the replay on Universal, I wonder if they will edit it out here.

I have to say the choking part was funny but anything to do with Cole would be stupid. Also the ratings and the show Raw as a whole sucks here lately and has been for a long time. The only thing that spikes ratings is when Austin is even mentioned or The Rock is discussed. Vince MUST bring back some older guys to spike things up a bit no matter how he does it or how much it costs. DX still lives on through Hornswaggles shirts which kinda makes me wonder if DX will return even if Shawn Michaels doesn't. Getting The Rock back would be a major plus if anything to just smack some people around for a while as a GM.

I'm getting a little tired of the Guest Hosts also, I loved the A-Team movie but the skit they did with only 2 of the cast members was just stupid. The 3rd cast member only came on stage and talked and Liam just didn't show up at all. The whole "BA" breaking the hand cuff off on the rope wasn't done very well with the camera man looking right at it while there was no stress being put on it while Rampage was faking it. Also Rampage losing his fight a few weeks ago before the movie release and coming on WWE didn't help his image none either.

I have to say the choking part was funny but anything to do with Cole would be stupid. Also the ratings and the show Raw as a whole sucks here lately and has been for a long time. The only thing that spikes ratings is when Austin is even mentioned or The Rock is discussed. Vince MUST bring back some older guys to spike things up a bit no matter how he does it or how much it costs. DX still lives on through Hornswaggles shirts which kinda makes me wonder if DX will return even if Shawn Michaels doesn't. Getting The Rock back would be a major plus if anything to just smack some people around for a while as a GM.
Rock doesnt want anything to do with wrestling anymore. He's an actor ;)

I'm getting a little tired of the Guest Hosts also, I loved the A-Team movie but the skit they did with only 2 of the cast members was just stupid. The 3rd cast member only came on stage and talked and Liam just didn't show up at all. The whole "BA" breaking the hand cuff off on the rope wasn't done very well with the camera man looking right at it while there was no stress being put on it while Rampage was faking it. Also Rampage losing his fight a few weeks ago before the movie release and coming on WWE didn't help his image none either.

I agree on the hosts. Its getting stupid and should end soon but this week might be good. I dont care who it is (some guy who has a show on USA IIRC) but his co-host is the Big Show :)

28th is Rob Zombie

Another thing that gets old and seriously if you had a drinking game while watching RAW you'd be wasted

take a shot every time they say "WWE Universe"
take 2 shots every time Cole says "the longest running episodic show"

you'd be wasted in the 1st hour :D

Looking forward to tomorrows Raw, hopefully the keep the momentum going they started last week.

On a TNA note-Rumor is Paul Heyman going to head up creative???, if he gets behind it, should be a good one

interesting article

I was getting all ready to write about the NXT angle. Then, one of two things happened.

Either WWE is pulling off a really good work...or WWE has completely lost its mind, with the alleged claim on WWE.com that they fired Bryan Danielson due to the part of the NXT angle where he choked Juston Roberts with his own tie.

Various versions of the story claiming the firing is legit have everything from Justin Roberts threatening to sue WWE because he wasn't in on the angle (doubtful since I can't imagine Roberts wouldn't have been fired on the spot if he'd tried it), advertiser Mattel was pissed off (possible, but hard to believe), all the way to... and I especially love this one, HHH raised hell because the two McMahon-Levesque daughters cried watching it.

If WWE has done something like this legitimately, they've given wrestling fans one more reason to find something else to do with their Monday nights.

The out-of-nowhere and God forbid DIFFERENT nature of the NXT angle is the one thing that gave wrestling fans with a IQ over 6 any degree of hope in recent weeks that WWE TV will be something other than Y7 programming. It's gotten so bad that the write-out angle for Undertaker (out because of a broken orbital bone in his face in a match with Rey Misterio, Jr.) apparently can't say Undertaker is "dead". Instead, he's said to be "in a vegetative state", a dastardly deed done by who Creative thinks of (my bet here on Kane, since WWE wouldn't actually do something that would elevate another wrestler).

Wonder if WWE is allowed to say that someone beat him up...or if WWE now makes them say that someone went "nyah" way too hard? Either that, or Undertaker tried to understand a Hornswoggle promo one time too many.
Guess I wasn't too far off with my projected SummerSlam main event of Fuzzy Bunny against Sammy Squirrel in a "loser has to tell the other wrestler he's nicer".

Somewhere, L. Brent Bozell is laughing his ass off.

Because WWE has done to itself whwt the Parents Television Council tried to do to them.

If we turn on our TVs Monday night and in coming weeks and this turns out to be legit, then people REALLY need to explore other options for their Monday night viewing. Hell, for the next month, you could DVR a World Cup match and watch it for the two hours RAW is on. Maybe, if the Mattel thing turnes out to be true, people could at least quit buying their toys. For Christ's sakes, fans need to do SOMETHING to show they're pissed if this is legit. The sad thing is that the people that are still wrestling fans and haven't turned to MMA or sitcoms won't do that. WWE could put on a test pattern or a best of Hornswoggle three-hour marathon and they'd still get a 3.0 from 9:00 11:08 pm.

People (usually with justification) make fun of TNA. About the only difference these days is that WWE makes money. Let WWE keep up crap like this, and THAT won't last long....at least on the levels that the McMahons are used to making. PPV buyrates in North America are already going down. WWE makes money on PPV because of increased foreign marketing.

John Cena posted this on twitter last night:

I am very upset to hear about the release of bryan danielson. Social networks were formed so people would have a voice, and an opinon. I know you all have your own, theories and whatnot. I respect that. I have never asked any of you to feel a certaint way about me. But Bryan left a lasting impression on the wwe universe in a very short time, and although it came at my expense, I agree with the majority of you who are caught off guard by this choice. I know I'm not exactly appreciated by all, nor do I care to be, but I believe what I believe. I would like bryan to come back to the wwe. I would like to sign your petition to bring him back. I was taught to stand up for what I beileve in. I tried and failed, so I could use some help. Tell me how to sign and I will. If for nothing else, to at least have a chance to have a match with him after what was done. I know that seems a bit more fair. Give me a chance to have a fair match with him, and give him yet another chance to prove that he does belong with us. Sorry for the long message, I know I am probally way out of line, I am sorry if I have offended anyone. But like me or not That is what Hustle. Loyalty. And most importantly Respect means to me. Enjoy game 5*.

I'm looking forward to RAW tonight to see the followup. Just a shame that Danielson won't be there. I initially thought it was all a "work", but when evidence points to the contrary, I can't anymore. I guess one positive thing to come out of this is, that the WWE is apparently open to rehiring Bryan when the situation cools down.

I'm looking forward to RAW tonight to see the followup. Just a shame that Danielson won't be there. I initially thought it was all a "work", but when evidence points to the contrary, I can't anymore. I guess one positive thing to come out of this is, that the WWE is apparently open to rehiring Bryan when the situation cools down.

Yes so am I, it has been a while since I have "looked foward" to a RAW

you have to remember a few things

-WWE is now TV-PG because....
-Linda McMahon is trying for a seat on Senate

and one other thing....for wrestling fans who read the internet
-Chris Benoit killed his wife the same way (well he used a cord) but he had his knee pressed on her back.

It might be a work with Danielson coming in from the crowd or something like that or working a few Indy shows but he'll be back ;)

but ice remember the angle with jericho and jbl choking with a rope after the benoit death and nothing was done

JOHN CENA SAYS HE WANTS BRYAN DANIELSON BACK IN WWE - UPDATED
By Buck Woodward on 2010-06-13 20:48:20
John Cena has posted the following on his Twitter account tonight. Needless to say, this should get people talking:

"I am very upset to hear about the release of bryan danielson. Social networks were formed so people would have a voice, and an opinon. I Know you all have your own, theories and whatnot. I respect that. I have never asked any of you to feel a certaint way about me. But Bryan left a lasting impression on the wwe universe in a very short time, and although it came at my expense, I agree with the majority Of you who are caught off guard by this choice. I know I'm not exactly appreciated by all, nor do I care to be, but I believe what I believe. I would like bryan to come back to the wwe. I would like to sign your petition to bring him back. I was taught to stand up for what I beileve in. I tried and failed, so I could Use some help. Tell me how to sign and I will. If for nothing else, to at least have a chance to have a match with him after what was done I know that seems a bit more fair. Give me a chance to have a fair match with him, and give him yet another chance to prove that he does Belong with us. Sorry for the long message, I know I am probally way out of line, I am sorry if I have offended anyone. But like me or not That is what Hustle. Loyalty. And most importantly Respect means to me. Enjoy game 5."

Since that post (actually a series of posts, due to Twitter limits) was made, I've had my email box flooded with opinions. Some think it is a shoot, some think it is a work, and some think it is the result of someone hacking Cena's account. I guess we'll see what it really is.

UPDATE: Several hours have passed, Cena has continued to tweet about other items, and the Danielson comments are still up, so it would appear those thinking it was a hacker are incorrect. So, now we can just wonder what Cena's true intentions are with his comments. Let the speculation continue!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts