Obnoxious College Fans

10. Florida

They live in the past and never shut up. They're sore losers and worse winners. Blackboard, meet fingernails. Presenting the 10 most obnoxious college football fan bases. At No. 10 is Florida, formerly coached by Steve "The Evil Genius" Spurrier. There used to be a popular joke that asked what the difference was between God and Steve Spurrier. The answer: "God doesn't think he's Steve Spurrier." Spurrier's gone to South Carolina now (how appropriate that he coaches a team whose mascot is named "Cocky"), replaced by Urban Meyer. Florida fans got all superior-like when Meyer turned down Notre Dame in favor of coming to Gainesville. Well, duh! Ever try to work on your tan in South Bend? But Florida classlessness dates back at least to 1971, when the infamous "Gator Flop" against Miami got the ball back so John Reaves could break the NCAA passing record. - Lisa Horne

Meyer did not replace Spurrier, Ron Zook Replaced Spurrier who was fired a replaced by Meyer.

Live in the past? They are 1 season removed from a National Title. Not to mention back-to-back Basketball titles.

Not saying we are perfect, but we are not Alabama (who really lives in the past) or Colorado.

WHAT??? I COULD NOT BELIEVE #1

The Irish rest on their laurels and think they deserve to bless us every Saturday on NBC. The 1940s have been over for a long time, folks. Notre Dame has been irrelevant for more than a decade, yet their myopic fans see light behind a 3-9 year. Call them out as a bad team and their fans bleat, "But you're still talking about us," in Stepford synchronicity. Obnoxiousness, thy home is South Bend. - Lisa Horne

Dear Ms. Lisa Horne,
I am not a graduate nor associated with ND, but I have grown up as a fan of ND since I was knee high. ND football is a religious and spiritual experience that regardless of records, we will always stand behind them!

By the way, without us, you wouldn't know what a "pass" was!

WOW!! A NEGATIVE list that The U was not in...??!! Can that be possible??!! LMAO!!!

All kidding aside, I think she nailed it! Especially Notre Dame....here is a team that ranks EVERY YEAR in the top 10 of recruiting...and has NOTHING to show for it in the last 10 years or so. When I lived in Chicago and had to cover them, the 1st game I experienced was AWESOME...after that...OMG, I was gonna slice my wrist with a dull butter knife!!! It was awfull!!

And Oklahoma....was pretty much spot on too!! HOW MANY times in the last 10 years has Oklahoma been considered 'the greatest team since the birth of Jesus Christ' and they go ahead and get trounced in either the Big 12 Championship of the BCS bowl...:rolleyes:

And Oklahoma....was pretty much spot on too!! HOW MANY times in the last 10 years has Oklahoma been considered 'the greatest team since the birth of Jesus Christ' and they go ahead and get trounced in either the Big 12 Championship of the BCS bowl...:rolleyes:
Oh well, at least we can beat Florida teams. :D

And LSU should be #1 in Most Obnoxious!

Oh well, at least we can beat Florida teams. :D

And LSU should be #1 in Most Obnoxious!

Florida teams have never been 'the best team in college football since the invention of the automobile'. They have been ranked...and they have won. And you beat Miami last year.....OTHER than last year, the last few times you have faced ANY Florida teams, ESPECIALLY in the bowls....Oklahoma has not done too well.....;)

Florida teams have never been 'the best team in college football since the invention of the automobile'. They have been ranked...and they have won. And you beat Miami last year.....OTHER than last year, the last few times you have faced ANY Florida teams, ESPECIALLY in the bowls....Oklahoma has not done too well.....;)
Let me REFRESH your football MEMORY:

2000 BCS Championship
OU 13 - FSU 2

OU 34 - USF 14

OU 51 - Miami 13

The LAST time OU lost to a Florida team was January 1, 1988.

Hey, we're up to #3 this year! :up

Personally, I think Alabama should get the knod over everyone.
Of course YOU do.....:p

RTR!

In all honesty, We (Alabama) do have some very obnoxious fans, I will admit that. Then again so does everyone else. Of the college games I have been to, and all of mine have been in the south, the most obnoxious fans to me are fans of two of the mississippi teams, with Miss State coming in number one. Apparently the writer has not gone to a game there and listened to those darn cowbells ringing right in your ear, and for what????

Second would be Ole Miss. They trhow a good party there, but like to act like they are SOOOO much better than everyone else, when in reality, outside of oxford, no one cares.

After that, from my personal experience the others are fairly equal (well maybe not LSU.....), and the level of obnoxiousness depends on who they happen to be playing that day.

Last edited:
Personally, I've had that Gator chomp thing, and the FSU tomahawk chop up to here. (I'm pointing at my neck). Not to mention that incessant chant that goes with the tomahawk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)