Schilling is STILL running his mouth...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
...I find it hilarious that now that this guy has become a complete has-been and another insignificant injured player, he keeps running his mouth. WHY did he not bring this up when MANNY WAS THERE??!! Why? Because he a f**king coward that will talk about him because the Dodgers do not face the Red Sox, because he is this close from retiring and will more than likely never see him again....and because he is more than 3000 miles away from getting his ass kicked....LOL

Schilling rips Manny for 'disrespect' to Red Sox

BOSTON (AP) - Injured Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling said former teammate Manny Ramirez's behavior in Boston was a drain on his teammates and disrespectful to manager Terry Francona.

Speaking on a Boston radio station Wednesday, Schilling said Ramirez's "level of disrespect to teammates and people was unfathomable."

Although he was the first Red Sox World Series MVP in franchise history, Ramirez caused more than his share of problems, with trade demands and nagging or phantom injuries that led him to ask out of the lineup. Schilling, who is close friends with Francona, said the manager had to play Ramirez because of his talent but it undermined the team's unity.

"I was a teammate, a member of this family, and I saw it," Schilling said after acknowledging that he has been away from the team most of the season because of a shoulder injury. "And to me, it was always those guys, the guys who played a crucial role on teams that weren't the marquee players, are the ones that were disrespected the most."

Ramirez, who is in the last year of a contract that paid him $160 million over eight years, was sent to the Los Angeles Dodgers at the trade deadline. Since then, he is batting .400 with 14 homers and 44 RBIs in 44 games.

"He was very kind, and well-mannered, but there were spurts and times when you didn't know who he was," Schilling said. "You know, he was always kind and nice for the most part, but he'd show up the next day and say, 'I'm through with this team, I want out now."'

FOX Sports on MSN - MLB - Schilling rips Manny for 'disrespect' to Red Sox

...I find it hilarious that now that this guy has become a complete has-been and another insignificant injured player, he keeps running his mouth. WHY did he not bring this up when MANNY WAS THERE??!! Why? Because he a f**king coward that will talk about him because the Dodgers do not face the Red Sox, because he is this close from retiring and will more than likely never see him again....and because he is more than 3000 miles away from getting his ass kicked....LOL

BOSTON (AP) - Injured Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling said former teammate Manny Ramirez's behavior in Boston was a drain on his teammates and disrespectful to manager Terry Francona.

Speaking on a Boston radio station Wednesday, Schilling said Ramirez's "level of disrespect to teammates and people was unfathomable."

Although he was the first Red Sox World Series MVP in franchise history, Ramirez caused more than his share of problems, with trade demands and nagging or phantom injuries that led him to ask out of the lineup. Schilling, who is close friends with Francona, said the manager had to play Ramirez because of his talent but it undermined the team's unity.

"I was a teammate, a member of this family, and I saw it," Schilling said after acknowledging that he has been away from the team most of the season because of a shoulder injury. "And to me, it was always those guys, the guys who played a crucial role on teams that weren't the marquee players, are the ones that were disrespected the most."

Ramirez, who is in the last year of a contract that paid him $160 million over eight years, was sent to the Los Angeles Dodgers at the trade deadline. Since then, he is batting .400 with 14 homers and 44 RBIs in 44 games.

"He was very kind, and well-mannered, but there were spurts and times when you didn't know who he was," Schilling said. "You know, he was always kind and nice for the most part, but he'd show up the next day and say, 'I'm through with this team, I want out now."'

Even though I AGREE with everything that "Curt on the car phone" said, I wish HE would just go away and keep his opinions to himself! This guy ("Curt on the car phone") is so full of himself it's disgusting. :mad:

That being said, everything he said is the truth and TRUST ME, there will be more coming out about Me-Me in the offseason that was being swept under the carpet until now. The fact that Me-Me has been on a seven week tear, and has almost by himself brought the Dodgers to legitimate contender status, only enhances what a phoney and fraud he was in Boston during the last two weeks of July!

Even though I AGREE with everything that "Curt on the car phone" said, I wish HE would just go away and keep his opinions to himself! This guy ("Curt on the car phone") is so full of himself it's disgusting. :mad:

That being said, everything he said is the truth and TRUST ME, there will be more coming out about Me-Me in the offseason that was being swept under the carpet until now. The fact that Me-Me has been on a seven week tear, and has almost by himself brought the Dodgers to legitimate contender status, only enhances what a phoney and fraud he was in Boston during the last two weeks of July!

I do not deny ANYTHING that has been said has some truth or complete truth.....my issue is totally in regard to this "I am so out of the loop I am gonna run my mouth" moron that had NO BALLS to say this in Manny's face....NONE. I bet he was one of the main players that kissed his ass. I am just getting tired of these athletes talking crap from 3000 miles away AFTER THE FACT.

...MAN UP and tell them face-to-face. Like I have said before, when he was in the National League....where was his so-called testicular fortitude then.....? In his back pocket...!! WHY?! In the National, when pitcher talk sh**....they gotta bat and they will get a fastball in the ribs!

I do not deny ANYTHING that has been said has some truth or complete truth.....my issue is totally in regard to this "I am so out of the loop I am gonna run my mouth" moron that had NO BALLS to say this in Manny's face....NONE. I bet he was one of the main players that kissed his ass. I am just getting tired of these athletes talking crap from 3000 miles away AFTER THE FACT.

...MAN UP and tell them face-to-face. Like I have said before, when he was in the National League....where was his so-called testicular fortitude then.....? In his back pocket...!! WHY?! In the National, when pitcher talk sh**....they gotta bat and they will get a fastball in the ribs!

Salsa,
I agree 100% what you just said!

Salsa,
I agree 100% what you just said!

Prime example is Pedro Martinez. When he was in Boston, he was quite the little talker. That guy was barely my wife's height.....Hell, the corn in my sh** is bigger than he is! But when he came to the National League and he had some decent stretches where he was not injured.....you didn't hear him run his mouth did you?? I am sure he has gotten "challenged" by either stare or words....but he has kept his mouth shut for the most part.

I agree w/both u guys about Schilling but for one very little known fact. 2 yrs ago in Tampa, Schilling, tired of Manny's crap, went after him w/both fists. I don't know who won.
Paul D.

And this whole thing surprises you guy's HOW ???

Personally, I like Shilling, he speaks his mind, can he get into hot water, sure, but so can many others you never hear about,.
Here's a guy willing to listen and participate with the avg. guy on talk radio, you don't find that much.

Jimbo

And this whole thing surprises you guy's HOW ???

Personally, I like Shilling, he speaks his mind, can he get into hot water, sure, but so can many others you never hear about,.
Here's a guy willing to listen and participate with the avg. guy on talk radio, you don't find that much.

Jimbo

Jimbo....I have NEVER had issues with guys that spoke their mind. TRUE LEADERS in the clubhouse tell the player causing the so-called infractions TO THE OTHER PLAYERS FACE. Pulls him over to the side, calls him over to his house, takes him out to lunch. Guys the have NO BALLS, moans and complains that 'this has been happening for a long time' AFTER THE FACT and AFTER the player is playing in either another coast or another country. ALSO, IF he was still a vital part of the Red Sox....I doubt he would be running his mouth. He is now an after thought...the main gunslinger on the team is Josh Beckett.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)