obtaining dtv dealership

dtvtech

Original poster
Aug 11, 2004
USA
I am currently a experenced installer of dtv. I would like to start my own dealership. anyone have any feedback, suggestions, ect.

thanks

dealership

I understand that you need a store front. I am looking for figures on the return. upfront commissions, do you recieve a residual income? I am trying to compile a business plan and need some financial figures to see if it is a worth following through with. I can only guess dtv pays upfront commisions of around $100.00 maybe more? installs on in house sales, I am guessing on a 3 box between 175.00-270.00 material included. can some one clarify this figure for me please. dtv will not give out this information unless you first go through the process of being a dealer. I want this info to see if i need to further go through the dealership process.

thx,

It is over $200 but you have overhead and costs of doing business so you will not net that per customer plus if a customer does not keep the system on for a year you get a chargeback so you could lose money on some sales.

We looking into the possiblilty of becoming a dtv dealer and decided that for us running as an affiliate dealer through an existing dealer. For us it has worked out well, we run our sales through A/V Consultants in MD. If you would be interested in talking to him his email is : vze3282@verizon.net
Rodger is very good to work with, we are enjoying our relationship with his company.

run through existing dealer

what is the payoff on comissions. are you splitting commisions with dealer? what is the pay matrix for installation?

I would go through an existing dealer if I were to do it. I have had different offers of what would be paid, some even offering no chargebacks (but too many would equal no more selling through them). I think the retailer in some cases pays most of the commissions that he receives and he has to be able to make something too.

A/V consulatants pays $200 for the sale and install of a three receiver system. I feel that's a pretty fair price without all the hassles. And Rodger is one of the most honest people we have ever dealt with. In some instances he has paid us for a sale that we missed invoicing him for. See how often you see that happen in this business!!!!!

Cable vs DTV vs Echostar

Vote for your favorite corp. symbol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)