Occasional black screen?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Phils

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 28, 2006
Paradise, CA
We're having some intermittant problems with our VIP622 and are looking for experience and opinions.

So far, no rhyme or reason to them...

1) 60 Minutes set to record, we're watching the other tuner. I hit PIP and the station recording is black. No pic at all. I swap and get the same thing. I try rewinding and it'll only go back a little ways then stops rewinding. Pic stays black, no sound. I stopped the recording (about 45 minutes into the one hour show). Live, I only had a black screen with no sound. I've had the same black screen at least one other time in the last week although it was on an 'already recorded' show. Black screen only and it would only FF a little ways then stop. I just deleted the recording.

Later last night I select that 60 Minutes from the DVR and it played fine, although the last 15 minutes are not recorded. (dang, shoulda just let it finish)

2) twice, after doing numerous channel switching, skips back and fwd, one tuner "locked up' on a picture and the only way to correct it was to do a "reboot" of the receiver. This has happened at least twice in the last week.

Hard drive going out? Is there a way to check the hard drive (I seem to remember posts mentioning Dish testing it?)?

Phil

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)